Phoenix @ Memphis
Current Records: Phoenix 18-10; Memphis 13-12
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Memphis Grizzlies and are hoping to record their first win since Nov. 2 of 2019. They will face off at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 20 at FedExForum without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. Phoenix won't have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 6.5-point advantage in the spread.
While not quite a landslide, the contest between the Suns and the New Orleans Pelicans this past Friday was still a pretty decisive one as Phoenix wrapped it up with a 132-114 victory on the road. It was another big night for Phoenix's point guard Chris Paul, who posted a double-double on 19 assists and 15 points.
Meanwhile, Memphis strolled past the Detroit Pistons with points to spare this past Friday, taking the matchup 109-95. Memphis' point guard Ja Morant did his thing and had 29 points.
The wins brought Phoenix up to 18-10 and the Grizzlies to 13-12. Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Suns enter the game with only 108.2 points allowed per game on average, good for fourth best in the league. Less enviably, Memphis has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.70% from the floor on average, which is the fifth highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against Memphis.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Fox Sports - Arizona
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Suns are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Suns as a 3.5-point favorite.
Memphis have won 12 out of their last 19 games against Phoenix.
- Jan 18, 2021 - Memphis 108 vs. Phoenix 104
- Jan 26, 2020 - Memphis 114 vs. Phoenix 109
- Jan 05, 2020 - Memphis 121 vs. Phoenix 114
- Dec 11, 2019 - Memphis 115 vs. Phoenix 108
- Nov 02, 2019 - Phoenix 114 vs. Memphis 105
- Mar 30, 2019 - Memphis 120 vs. Phoenix 115
- Nov 04, 2018 - Phoenix 102 vs. Memphis 100
- Oct 27, 2018 - Memphis 117 vs. Phoenix 96
- Feb 28, 2018 - Phoenix 110 vs. Memphis 102
- Jan 29, 2018 - Memphis 120 vs. Phoenix 109
- Dec 26, 2017 - Phoenix 99 vs. Memphis 97
- Dec 21, 2017 - Phoenix 97 vs. Memphis 95
- Feb 28, 2017 - Memphis 130 vs. Phoenix 112
- Feb 08, 2017 - Memphis 110 vs. Phoenix 91
- Jan 30, 2017 - Memphis 115 vs. Phoenix 96
- Mar 21, 2016 - Memphis 103 vs. Phoenix 97
- Mar 06, 2016 - Phoenix 109 vs. Memphis 100
- Feb 27, 2016 - Phoenix 111 vs. Memphis 106
- Dec 06, 2015 - Memphis 95 vs. Phoenix 93
Injury Report for Memphis
- Kyle Anderson: Out (Rest)
- Grayson Allen: Out (Rest)
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Thigh)
- Brandon Clarke: Out (Calf)
- Killian Tillie: Out (Foot)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)