Brooklyn @ Miami
Current Records: Brooklyn 38-18; Miami 28-28
What to Know
After four games on the road, the Miami Heat are heading back home. They will square off against the Brooklyn Nets at 3:30 p.m. ET Sunday at AmericanAirlines Arena. Coming off of a loss in a game they were expected to win, the Heat nows face the more daunting task of proving themselves against unfavorable odds.
It was all tied up 61-61 at halftime, but Miami was not quite the Minnesota Timberwolves' equal in the second half when they met this past Friday. Miami came up short against the Timberwolves, falling 119-111. Small forward Jimmy Butler put forth a good effort for the losing side as he almost posted a triple-double on 30 points, ten boards, and eight assists.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 61-61 at the half for Brooklyn and the Charlotte Hornets this past Friday, but Brooklyn stepped up in the second half for a 130-115 victory. Brooklyn relied on the efforts of power forward Kevin Durant, who dropped a double-double on 25 points and 11 dimes, and small forward Joe Harris, who shot 6-for-9 from downtown and finished with 26 points.
The Heat are now 28-28 while the Nets sit at 38-18. Two stats to keep an eye on: Miami have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 45.10%, which places them third in the league. But Brooklyn enters the matchup with a 49.50% field goal percentage, which is the best in the league. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: AmericanAirlines Arena -- Miami, Florida
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nets are a 5-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nets as a 5.5-point favorite.
Miami have won 11 out of their last 20 games against Brooklyn.
- Jan 25, 2021 - Brooklyn 98 vs. Miami 85
- Jan 23, 2021 - Brooklyn 128 vs. Miami 124
- Feb 29, 2020 - Miami 116 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 10, 2020 - Brooklyn 117 vs. Miami 113
- Dec 01, 2019 - Miami 109 vs. Brooklyn 106
- Apr 10, 2019 - Brooklyn 113 vs. Miami 94
- Mar 02, 2019 - Miami 117 vs. Brooklyn 88
- Nov 20, 2018 - Brooklyn 104 vs. Miami 92
- Nov 14, 2018 - Miami 120 vs. Brooklyn 107
- Mar 31, 2018 - Brooklyn 110 vs. Miami 109
- Jan 19, 2018 - Brooklyn 101 vs. Miami 95
- Dec 29, 2017 - Brooklyn 111 vs. Miami 87
- Dec 09, 2017 - Miami 101 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Feb 10, 2017 - Miami 108 vs. Brooklyn 99
- Jan 30, 2017 - Miami 104 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Jan 25, 2017 - Miami 109 vs. Brooklyn 106
- Mar 28, 2016 - Miami 110 vs. Brooklyn 99
- Jan 26, 2016 - Miami 102 vs. Brooklyn 98
- Dec 28, 2015 - Brooklyn 111 vs. Miami 105
- Dec 16, 2015 - Miami 104 vs. Brooklyn 98
Injury Report for Miami
- Jimmy Butler: Out (Ankle)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- James Harden: Out (Hamstring)
- Tyler Johnson: Out (Knee)
- Chris Chiozza: Out (Hand)
- Spencer Dinwiddie: Out for the Season (Knee)