Chicago @ Charlotte
Current Records: Chicago 6-8; Charlotte 6-8
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Charlotte Hornets are heading back home. After a few days' rest for both teams, they and the Chicago Bulls will meet up at 7 p.m. ET Jan. 22 at Spectrum Center. Chicago will be strutting in after a victory while the Hornets will be stumbling in from a loss.
Charlotte lost a heartbreaker to the Toronto Raptors when they met earlier this month, and they left with a heavy heart again on Saturday. It was close but no cigar for Charlotte as they fell 116-113 to Toronto. Small forward Gordon Hayward put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 25 points along with five boards.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn't a dominant performance, Chicago beat the Houston Rockets 125-120 on Monday. It was another big night for the Bulls' shooting guard Zach LaVine, who had 33 points and seven assists.
The Hornets are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 1-3 against the spread when favored.
Charlotte and Chicago now sit at an identical 6-8. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Charlotte comes into the game boasting the fourth most steals per game in the league at 9.14. Less enviably, the Bulls have allowed their opponents an average of 9.4 steals per game, the second most in the league. In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Spectrum Center -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: Fox Sports - Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Hornets are a 3.5-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Charlotte have won ten out of their last 18 games against Chicago.
- Feb 20, 2020 - Charlotte 103 vs. Chicago 93
- Dec 13, 2019 - Charlotte 83 vs. Chicago 73
- Nov 23, 2019 - Chicago 116 vs. Charlotte 115
- Oct 23, 2019 - Charlotte 126 vs. Chicago 125
- Feb 02, 2019 - Charlotte 125 vs. Chicago 118
- Oct 26, 2018 - Charlotte 135 vs. Chicago 106
- Oct 24, 2018 - Chicago 112 vs. Charlotte 110
- Apr 03, 2018 - Chicago 120 vs. Charlotte 114
- Feb 27, 2018 - Charlotte 118 vs. Chicago 103
- Dec 08, 2017 - Chicago 119 vs. Charlotte 111
- Nov 17, 2017 - Chicago 123 vs. Charlotte 120
- Mar 13, 2017 - Chicago 115 vs. Charlotte 109
- Jan 02, 2017 - Chicago 118 vs. Charlotte 111
- Dec 23, 2016 - Charlotte 103 vs. Chicago 91
- Feb 08, 2016 - Charlotte 108 vs. Chicago 91
- Dec 05, 2015 - Charlotte 102 vs. Chicago 96
- Nov 13, 2015 - Chicago 102 vs. Charlotte 97
- Nov 03, 2015 - Charlotte 130 vs. Chicago 105