Cleveland @ Charlotte
Current Records: Cleveland 3-4; Charlotte 5-2
What to Know
This Monday, the Charlotte Hornets are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 115.29 points per game. They are getting right back to it as they host the Cleveland Cavaliers at 7 p.m. ET Nov. 1 at Spectrum Center. The Hornets will be strutting in after a win while Cleveland will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The Portland Trail Blazers typically have all the answers at home, but on Sunday Charlotte proved too difficult a challenge. Charlotte took down Rip City 125-113. Small forward Kelly Oubre Jr. and point guard LaMelo Ball were among the main playmakers for Charlotte as the former shot 6-for-11 from downtown and finished with 26 points, five assists and seven boards and the latter had 27 points and seven assists in addition to nine rebounds.
Meanwhile, Cleveland came up short against the Phoenix Suns this past Saturday, falling 101-92. Point guard Ricky Rubio had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 25 minutes but putting up just eight points on 3-for-15 shooting.
The Hornets are the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (2-0), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Charlotte had enough points to win and then some against the Cavaliers in the teams' previous meeting last month, taking their matchup 123-112. Will Charlotte repeat their success, or does Cleveland have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Spectrum Center -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Hornets are a 4.5-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hornets as a 4-point favorite.
Cleveland have won 14 out of their last 21 games against Charlotte.
- Oct 22, 2021 - Charlotte 123 vs. Cleveland 112
- Apr 23, 2021 - Charlotte 108 vs. Cleveland 102
- Apr 14, 2021 - Cleveland 103 vs. Charlotte 90
- Dec 23, 2020 - Cleveland 121 vs. Charlotte 114
- Jan 02, 2020 - Charlotte 109 vs. Cleveland 106
- Dec 18, 2019 - Cleveland 100 vs. Charlotte 98
- Apr 09, 2019 - Charlotte 124 vs. Cleveland 97
- Dec 19, 2018 - Charlotte 110 vs. Cleveland 99
- Nov 13, 2018 - Cleveland 113 vs. Charlotte 89
- Nov 03, 2018 - Charlotte 126 vs. Cleveland 94
- Mar 28, 2018 - Cleveland 118 vs. Charlotte 105
- Nov 24, 2017 - Cleveland 100 vs. Charlotte 99
- Nov 15, 2017 - Cleveland 115 vs. Charlotte 107
- Mar 24, 2017 - Cleveland 112 vs. Charlotte 105
- Dec 31, 2016 - Cleveland 121 vs. Charlotte 109
- Dec 10, 2016 - Cleveland 116 vs. Charlotte 105
- Nov 13, 2016 - Cleveland 100 vs. Charlotte 93
- Apr 03, 2016 - Cleveland 112 vs. Charlotte 103
- Feb 24, 2016 - Cleveland 114 vs. Charlotte 103
- Feb 03, 2016 - Charlotte 106 vs. Cleveland 97
- Nov 27, 2015 - Cleveland 95 vs. Charlotte 90