Brooklyn @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Brooklyn 19-12; Los Angeles 22-9
What to Know
This Sunday, the Brooklyn Nets are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 117.29 points per game. They will take on the Los Angeles Clippers at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday at Staples Center after having had a few days off. If the contest is anything like the Nets' 124-120 victory from their previous meeting in February, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
Brooklyn had enough points to win and then some against the Los Angeles Lakers this past Thursday, taking their matchup 109-98. It was another big night for Brooklyn's shooting guard James Harden, who posted a double-double on 23 points and 11 assists in addition to five boards.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles narrowly escaped with a win as the squad sidled past the Utah Jazz 116-112. Small forward Kawhi Leonard (29 points) was the top scorer for the Clippers.
Brooklyn is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. They are currently five-for-five against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Their wins bumped Brooklyn to 19-12 and Los Angeles to 22-9. We'll see which team can carry over their success and which team inevitably falls when Brooklyn and Los Angeles clash.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Clippers are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Nets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Clippers as a 5.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won seven out of their last ten games against Brooklyn.
- Feb 02, 2021 - Brooklyn 124 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Aug 09, 2020 - Brooklyn 129 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Mar 17, 2019 - Los Angeles 119 vs. Brooklyn 116
- Nov 17, 2018 - Los Angeles 127 vs. Brooklyn 119
- Mar 04, 2018 - Los Angeles 123 vs. Brooklyn 120
- Feb 12, 2018 - Los Angeles 114 vs. Brooklyn 101
- Nov 29, 2016 - Brooklyn 127 vs. Los Angeles 122
- Nov 14, 2016 - Los Angeles 127 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Feb 29, 2016 - Los Angeles 105 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Dec 12, 2015 - Los Angeles 105 vs. Brooklyn 100
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Daniel Oturu: Out (Quadriceps)
- Jay Scrubb: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Kevin Durant: Out (Hamstring)
- Iman Shumpert: Out (Hamstring)
- Tyler Johnson: Out (Thigh)
- Spencer Dinwiddie: Out for the Season (Knee)