Through 3 Quarters
The Memphis Grizzlies were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. After three quarters it's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Sacramento Kings as Memphis lead 108-74.
The Grizzlies have been led by shooting guard Dillon Brooks, who so far has 21 points along with six boards. Brooks is close to surpassing his season high of 23. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jaren Jackson Jr.'s foul situation as he currently sits at five.
Sacramento hasn't had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to 14 points or fewer.
Memphis' lead is the biggest they have had this season going into the fourth quarter.
Sacramento @ Memphis
Current Records: Sacramento 8-12; Memphis 9-10
What to Know
The Sacramento Kings have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Memphis Grizzlies and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 28 of last year. The Kings will hit the road for the second straight game as they head to FedExForum at 6 p.m. ET Sunday. They should still be riding high after a victory, while Memphis will be looking to right the ship.
It may have taken triple overtime to finish the job, but Sacramento ultimately got the result they were hoping for this past Friday with a 141-137 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers. The score was all tied up at the break 43-43, but Sacramento was the better team in the second half. Their success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but shooting guard Tyrese Haliburton led the charge as he shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 19 points, nine dimes and six rebounds.
Meanwhile, Memphis was pulverized by the Atlanta Hawks 132-100 this past Friday. Memphis was down 105-66 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The top scorer for the Grizzlies was shooting guard John Konchar (17 points).
The Kings are expected to lose this next one by 4. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Memphis' defeat took them down to 9-10 while Sacramento's win pulled them up to 8-12. Allowing an average of 116.37 points per game, Memphis hasn't exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We'll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming contest.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- TV: Bally Sports SouthEast Memphis
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Grizzlies are a 4-point favorite against the Kings, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Grizzlies, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 1.5-point favorite.
Memphis have won 12 out of their last 21 games against Sacramento.
- May 14, 2021 - Memphis 107 vs. Sacramento 106
- May 13, 2021 - Memphis 116 vs. Sacramento 110
- Feb 14, 2021 - Memphis 124 vs. Sacramento 110
- Feb 28, 2020 - Sacramento 104 vs. Memphis 101
- Feb 20, 2020 - Sacramento 129 vs. Memphis 125
- Jan 02, 2020 - Sacramento 128 vs. Memphis 123
- Dec 21, 2019 - Memphis 119 vs. Sacramento 115
- Jan 25, 2019 - Sacramento 99 vs. Memphis 96
- Dec 21, 2018 - Sacramento 102 vs. Memphis 99
- Nov 16, 2018 - Memphis 112 vs. Sacramento 104
- Oct 24, 2018 - Sacramento 97 vs. Memphis 92
- Apr 06, 2018 - Sacramento 94 vs. Memphis 93
- Jan 19, 2018 - Memphis 106 vs. Sacramento 88
- Dec 31, 2017 - Memphis 114 vs. Sacramento 96
- Mar 27, 2017 - Sacramento 91 vs. Memphis 90
- Jan 20, 2017 - Memphis 107 vs. Sacramento 91
- Dec 31, 2016 - Memphis 112 vs. Sacramento 98
- Dec 16, 2016 - Sacramento 96 vs. Memphis 92
- Mar 02, 2016 - Memphis 104 vs. Sacramento 98
- Jan 30, 2016 - Memphis 121 vs. Sacramento 117
- Nov 03, 2015 - Memphis 103 vs. Sacramento 89
Injury Report for Memphis
- Sam Merrill: Out (Ankle)
- Ja Morant: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Harrison Barnes: Out (Foot)
- Maurice Harkless: Out (Knee)
- Richaun Holmes: Out (Illness)