Charlotte @ Utah
Current Records: Charlotte 14-15; Utah 24-6
What to Know
The Utah Jazz will be returning home after a two-game road trip. They will take on the Charlotte Hornets at 9 p.m. ET on Monday at Vivint Smart Home Arena after having had a few days off. The Jazz are out to keep their 13-game home win streak alive.
It was close but no cigar for Utah as they fell 116-112 to the Los Angeles Clippers this past Friday. The contest was as close as the oddsmakers predicted, but Utah had been the slight favorite coming in. Despite the defeat, they got a solid performance out of shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who had 35 points and five assists.
Speaking of close games: this past Saturday Charlotte sidestepped the Golden State Warriors for a 102-100 victory. It was another big night for Charlotte's shooting guard Terry Rozier, who shot 8-for-11 from downtown and finished with 36 points. Rozier's night made it four games in a row in which he has scored at least 33 points.
This next matchup looks promising for Utah, who are favored by a full 12.5 points. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (20-7-1), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Charlotte's win lifted them to 14-15 while Utah's loss dropped them down to 24-6. We'll see if the Hornets can repeat their recent success or if the Jazz bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Vivint Smart Home Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Jazz are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 12.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Utah have won eight out of their last 11 games against Charlotte.
- Feb 05, 2021 - Utah 138 vs. Charlotte 121
- Jan 10, 2020 - Utah 109 vs. Charlotte 92
- Dec 21, 2019 - Utah 114 vs. Charlotte 107
- Apr 01, 2019 - Utah 111 vs. Charlotte 102
- Nov 30, 2018 - Utah 119 vs. Charlotte 111
- Feb 09, 2018 - Utah 106 vs. Charlotte 94
- Jan 12, 2018 - Charlotte 99 vs. Utah 88
- Feb 04, 2017 - Utah 105 vs. Charlotte 98
- Nov 09, 2016 - Charlotte 104 vs. Utah 98
- Jan 27, 2016 - Utah 102 vs. Charlotte 73
- Jan 18, 2016 - Charlotte 124 vs. Utah 119
Injury Report for Utah
- Elijah Hughes: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Devonte' Graham: Out (Kneecap)
- Caleb Martin: Out (Covid-19)