Miami @ Sacramento
Current Records: Miami 11-17; Sacramento 12-15
What to Know
This Thursday, the Sacramento Kings are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 119.3 points per matchup. They will take on the Miami Heat at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday at Golden 1 Center after having had a few days off. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
Sacramento received a tough blow on Monday as they fell 136-125 to the Brooklyn Nets. The Kings were down 107-88 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Center Hassan Whiteside put forth a good effort for the losing side as he dropped a double-double on 26 points and 16 boards along with five blocks. Whiteside had some trouble finding his footing against the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday, so this was a step in the right direction. Whiteside's points were the most he has had all season.
Meanwhile, Miami fought the good fight in their overtime contest against the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 120-112. Miami was up 61-46 at the end of the half but couldn't hold on to the lead. Despite the defeat, they got a solid performance out of center Bam Adebayo, who had 24 points and seven assists in addition to five rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Sacramento is expected to win a tight contest. Now might not be the best time to take Sacramento against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past four consecutive games.
The losses put the Kings at 12-15 and the Heat at 11-17. Sacramento is 5-9 after losses this year, Miami 7-9.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- TV: NBC Sports California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Kings are a slight 1-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Heat as a 1.5-point favorite.
Miami have won six out of their last 11 games against Sacramento.
- Jan 30, 2021 - Miami 105 vs. Sacramento 104
- Feb 07, 2020 - Sacramento 105 vs. Miami 97
- Jan 20, 2020 - Miami 118 vs. Sacramento 113
- Feb 08, 2019 - Sacramento 102 vs. Miami 96
- Oct 29, 2018 - Sacramento 123 vs. Miami 113
- Mar 14, 2018 - Sacramento 123 vs. Miami 119
- Jan 25, 2018 - Sacramento 89 vs. Miami 88
- Jan 04, 2017 - Miami 107 vs. Sacramento 102
- Nov 01, 2016 - Miami 108 vs. Sacramento 96
- Apr 01, 2016 - Miami 112 vs. Sacramento 106
- Nov 19, 2015 - Miami 116 vs. Sacramento 109
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Harrison Barnes: Out (Foot)
- Richaun Holmes: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Chimezie Metu: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Miami
- Goran Dragic: Out (Ankle)
- Chris Silva: Out (Hip)
- Avery Bradley: Out (Calf)
- Meyers Leonard: Out for the Season (Shoulder)