Through 3 Quarters
The Chicago Bulls are on the road but looking no worse for wear. They currently hold an 89-83 lead over the New York Knicks.
Chicago has been relying on center Nikola Vucevic, who has 21 points along with six rebounds, and shooting guard Zach LaVine, who has 21 points and four assists in addition to five boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Lonzo Ball's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
The top scorer for New York has been power forward Julius Randle (21 points).
the Knicks have lost 80% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Chicago @ New York
Current Records: Chicago 14-8; New York 11-10
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Chicago Bulls will be on the road. They will take on the New York Knicks at 7:30 p.m. ET Thursday at Madison Square Garden after having had a few days off. Chicago will be strutting in after a win while New York will be stumbling in from a loss.
The Bulls had enough points to win and then some against the Charlotte Hornets on Monday, taking their contest 133-119. Chicago can attribute much of their success to center Nikola Vucevic, who shot 6-for-6 from downtown and finished with a double-double on 30 points and 14 boards in addition to five assists.
New York lost a heartbreaker to the Brooklyn Nets when they met in April, and they left with a heavy heart again on Tuesday. New York fell in a 112-110 heartbreaker. Their defeat shouldn't obscure the performances of shooting guard Alec Burks, who had 25 points and five assists along with five rebounds, and power forward Julius Randle, who had 24 points and eight assists along with nine boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Bulls are expected to win a tight contest. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (10-4), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Chicago's victory brought them up to 14-8 while the Knicks' defeat pulled them down to 11-10. Two stats to keep an eye on: Chicago comes into the game boasting the fourth highest field goal percentage in the league at 47%. But New York have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 43.10%, which places them third in the league. We'll see which of these strengths -- offense or defense -- will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden -- New York, New York
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $79.99
The Bulls are a slight 2-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2-point spread, and stayed right there.
New York have won 14 out of their last 22 games against Chicago.
- Nov 21, 2021 - Chicago 109 vs. New York 103
- Oct 28, 2021 - New York 104 vs. Chicago 103
- Apr 28, 2021 - New York 113 vs. Chicago 94
- Feb 03, 2021 - New York 107 vs. Chicago 103
- Feb 01, 2021 - Chicago 110 vs. New York 102
- Feb 29, 2020 - New York 125 vs. Chicago 115
- Nov 12, 2019 - Chicago 120 vs. New York 102
- Oct 28, 2019 - New York 105 vs. Chicago 98
- Apr 09, 2019 - New York 96 vs. Chicago 86
- Apr 01, 2019 - New York 113 vs. Chicago 105
- Nov 05, 2018 - Chicago 116 vs. New York 115
- Mar 19, 2018 - New York 110 vs. Chicago 92
- Jan 10, 2018 - Chicago 122 vs. New York 119
- Dec 27, 2017 - Chicago 92 vs. New York 87
- Dec 09, 2017 - Chicago 104 vs. New York 102
- Apr 04, 2017 - New York 100 vs. Chicago 91
- Jan 12, 2017 - New York 104 vs. Chicago 89
- Nov 04, 2016 - New York 117 vs. Chicago 104
- Mar 24, 2016 - New York 106 vs. Chicago 94
- Mar 23, 2016 - New York 115 vs. Chicago 107
- Jan 01, 2016 - Chicago 108 vs. New York 81
- Dec 19, 2015 - New York 107 vs. Chicago 91
Injury Report for New York
- Nerlens Noel: Out (Knee)
- Jericho Sims: Out (Illness)
- R.J. Barrett: Out (Illness)
Injury Report for Chicago
- Coby White: Out (Covid-19)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)