Charlotte @ New York
Current Records: Charlotte 33-37; New York 39-31
What to Know
The Charlotte Hornets have enjoyed the comforts of home their last five games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the New York Knicks at 1 p.m. ET Saturday at Madison Square Garden. New York should still be feeling good after a victory, while the Hornets will be looking to right the ship.
Charlotte's and the Los Angeles Clippers' contest on Thursday was up for grabs at halftime, but Charlotte was thoroughly outmatched 69-43 in the second half. Charlotte has to be aching after a bruising 113-90 defeat to Los Angeles. Charlotte's loss came about despite a quality game from point guard LaMelo Ball, who had 18 points and seven assists along with six rebounds. Ball hadn't helped his team much against the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
Meanwhile, it was a close one, but on Thursday the Knicks sidestepped the San Antonio Spurs for a 102-98 win. Shooting guard Alec Burks was the offensive standout of the game for New York, shooting 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finishing with a double-double on 30 points and ten boards.
The Hornets are expected to lose this next one by 5.5. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Charlotte, who are 35-34-1 against the spread.
In the teams' previous meeting last month, Charlotte lost to New York on the road by a decisive 109-97 margin. Can Charlotte avenge their loss, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We'll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden -- New York, New York
- TV: The Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Knicks are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Charlotte have won 12 out of their last 19 games against New York.
- Apr 20, 2021 - New York 109 vs. Charlotte 97
- Jan 11, 2021 - Charlotte 109 vs. New York 88
- Feb 26, 2020 - Charlotte 107 vs. New York 101
- Jan 28, 2020 - Charlotte 97 vs. New York 92
- Nov 16, 2019 - Charlotte 103 vs. New York 102
- Jan 28, 2019 - Charlotte 101 vs. New York 92
- Dec 14, 2018 - New York 126 vs. Charlotte 124
- Dec 09, 2018 - Charlotte 119 vs. New York 107
- Mar 26, 2018 - Charlotte 137 vs. New York 128
- Mar 17, 2018 - New York 124 vs. Charlotte 101
- Dec 18, 2017 - Charlotte 109 vs. New York 91
- Nov 07, 2017 - New York 118 vs. Charlotte 113
- Jan 27, 2017 - New York 110 vs. Charlotte 107
- Nov 26, 2016 - Charlotte 107 vs. New York 102
- Nov 25, 2016 - New York 113 vs. Charlotte 111
- Apr 06, 2016 - Charlotte 111 vs. New York 97
- Jan 23, 2016 - Charlotte 97 vs. New York 84
- Nov 17, 2015 - New York 102 vs. Charlotte 94
- Nov 11, 2015 - Charlotte 95 vs. New York 93
Injury Report for New York
- Luca Vildoza: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Mitchell Robinson: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Charlotte
- Cody Martin: Out (Ankle)
- Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot)