Portland @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Portland 18-13; Los Angeles 22-11
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers need to shore up a defense that is allowing 115.61 points per game before their contest on Friday. They are on the road again on Friday and play against the Los Angeles Lakers at 10 p.m. ET Feb. 26 at Staples Center. Rip City will be hoping to build upon the 115-107 win they picked up against Los Angeles when they previously played in December of last year.
It was all tied up 57-57 at halftime, but the Trail Blazers were not quite the Denver Nuggets' equal in the second half when they met on Tuesday. Rip City was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap as they fell 111-106 to the Nuggets. Despite their defeat, Rip City got to see several of their players rise to the challenge and make noteworthy plays. point guard Damian Lillard, who posted a double-double on 25 points and 13 assists in addition to seven rebounds, was the best among equals.
Meanwhile, the Lakers found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 114-89 punch to the gut against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Los Angeles was down 90-64 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. One thing holding Los Angeles back was the mediocre play of shooting guard Talen Horton-Tucker, who did not have his best game: he finished with only eight points on 3-for-12 shooting in his 30 minutes on the court.
The Trail Blazers are expected to lose this next one by 5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-3 against the spread when expected to lose.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a defeat, both will be hungry for the victory. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a 5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Portland have won 15 out of their last 23 games against Los Angeles.
- Dec 28, 2020 - Portland 115 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Aug 29, 2020 - Los Angeles 131 vs. Portland 122
- Aug 24, 2020 - Los Angeles 135 vs. Portland 115
- Aug 22, 2020 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Portland 108
- Aug 20, 2020 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Portland 88
- Aug 18, 2020 - Portland 100 vs. Los Angeles 93
- Jan 31, 2020 - Portland 127 vs. Los Angeles 119
- Dec 28, 2019 - Los Angeles 128 vs. Portland 120
- Dec 06, 2019 - Los Angeles 136 vs. Portland 113
- Apr 09, 2019 - Portland 104 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Nov 14, 2018 - Los Angeles 126 vs. Portland 117
- Nov 03, 2018 - Los Angeles 114 vs. Portland 110
- Oct 18, 2018 - Portland 128 vs. Los Angeles 119
- Mar 05, 2018 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Dec 23, 2017 - Portland 95 vs. Los Angeles 92
- Nov 02, 2017 - Portland 113 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Mar 26, 2017 - Portland 97 vs. Los Angeles 81
- Jan 25, 2017 - Portland 105 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Jan 10, 2017 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 87
- Jan 05, 2017 - Portland 118 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Jan 23, 2016 - Portland 121 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Nov 28, 2015 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Nov 22, 2015 - Portland 107 vs. Los Angeles 93
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Anthony Davis: Out (Calf)
Injury Report for Portland
- Harry Giles III: Out (Calf)
- CJ McCollum: Out (Foot)
- Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Wrist)
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)