Toronto @ Dallas
Current Records: Toronto 27-43; Dallas 41-29
What to Know
The Dallas Mavericks are 2-9 against the Toronto Raptors since November of 2015, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Friday. The Mavericks' homestand continues as they prepare to take on Toronto at 9 p.m. ET May 14 at American Airlines Center. Dallas will be strutting in after a win while the Raptors will be stumbling in from a loss.
Dallas strolled past the New Orleans Pelicans with points to spare on Wednesday, taking the game 125-107. Point guard Luka Doncic was the offensive standout of the contest for Dallas, shooting 7-for-15 from beyond the arc and finishing with 33 points, eight dimes and eight rebounds. Doncic's performance made up for a slower matchup against the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Toronto ended up a good deal behind the Chicago Bulls when they played on Thursday, losing 114-102. The losing side was boosted by small forward Stanley Johnson, who shot 6-for-13 from downtown and finished with a double-double on 35 points and ten boards in addition to five assists.
The Raptors are now 27-43 while the Mavericks sit at 41-29. Toronto has been eliminated from playoff contention. Dallas is still in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, so these next two games are critical for them. They are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Houston Rockets April 7 easily too and instead slipped up with a 102-93. In other words, don't count Toronto out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center -- Dallas, Texas
- TV: The Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Mavericks are a big 14.5-point favorite against the Raptors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mavericks as a 13.5-point favorite.
Toronto have won nine out of their last 11 games against Dallas.
- Jan 18, 2021 - Toronto 116 vs. Dallas 93
- Dec 22, 2019 - Toronto 110 vs. Dallas 107
- Nov 16, 2019 - Dallas 110 vs. Toronto 102
- Jan 27, 2019 - Toronto 123 vs. Dallas 120
- Oct 26, 2018 - Toronto 116 vs. Dallas 107
- Mar 16, 2018 - Toronto 122 vs. Dallas 115
- Dec 26, 2017 - Dallas 98 vs. Toronto 93
- Mar 25, 2017 - Toronto 94 vs. Dallas 86
- Mar 13, 2017 - Toronto 100 vs. Dallas 78
- Dec 22, 2015 - Toronto 103 vs. Dallas 99
- Nov 03, 2015 - Toronto 102 vs. Dallas 91
Injury Report for Dallas
- Maxi Kleber: Out (Achilles)
- JJ Redick: Out (Heel)
Injury Report for Toronto
- Yuta Watanabe: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Jalen Harris: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Kyle Lowry: Out (Rest)
- Pascal Siakam: Out (Shoulder)
- Fred VanVleet: Out (Rest)
- OG Anunoby: Out (Calf)
- Paul Watson Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Rodney Hood: Out for the Season (Hand)