Through 3 Quarters
Down 12 at the end of last quarter, the Denver Nuggets have now snagged the lead. a victory is still up for grabs for either squad after three quarters, but they are up 86-81 over the Los Angeles Clippers
The Nuggets have been riding high on the performance of center Nikola Jokic, who has 29 points and six assists along with eight rebounds. A triple-double for Jokic would be his third in a row.
Los Angeles has been led by point guard Reggie Jackson, who so far has 18 points and five assists.
Los Angeles has lost 87% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Los Angeles @ Denver
Current Records: Los Angeles 22-23; Denver 22-20
What to Know
The Denver Nuggets will stay at home another game and welcome the Los Angeles Clippers at 10 p.m. ET Jan. 19 at Ball Arena. The Nuggets have the odds in their favor, so they'll need to guard against complacency.
Denver has to be hurting after a devastating 125-102 defeat at the hands of the Utah Jazz on Sunday. Center Nikola Jokic put forth a good effort for the losing side as he posted a triple-double on 25 points, 15 boards, and 14 dimes. Jokic now has nine triple-doubles this year.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn't a dominant performance, the Clippers beat the Indiana Pacers 139-133 on Monday. Among those leading the charge for Los Angeles was power forward Nicolas Batum, who shot 7-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 32 points and five rebounds.
Denver was close but no cigar in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month as they fell 87-85 to Los Angeles. Maybe Denver will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena -- Denver, Colorado
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.00
The Nuggets are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Clippers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Nuggets, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 7-point favorite.
Denver have won 16 out of their last 29 games against Los Angeles.
- Jan 11, 2022 - Los Angeles 87 vs. Denver 85
- Dec 26, 2021 - Denver 103 vs. Los Angeles 100
- May 01, 2021 - Denver 110 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Apr 01, 2021 - Denver 101 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Dec 25, 2020 - Los Angeles 121 vs. Denver 108
- Sep 15, 2020 - Denver 104 vs. Los Angeles 89
- Sep 13, 2020 - Denver 111 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Sep 11, 2020 - Denver 111 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Sep 09, 2020 - Los Angeles 96 vs. Denver 85
- Sep 07, 2020 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Denver 107
- Sep 05, 2020 - Denver 110 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Sep 03, 2020 - Los Angeles 120 vs. Denver 97
- Aug 12, 2020 - Los Angeles 124 vs. Denver 111
- Feb 28, 2020 - Los Angeles 132 vs. Denver 103
- Jan 12, 2020 - Denver 114 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Feb 24, 2019 - Denver 123 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Jan 10, 2019 - Denver 121 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Dec 22, 2018 - Los Angeles 132 vs. Denver 111
- Oct 17, 2018 - Denver 107 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Apr 07, 2018 - Denver 134 vs. Los Angeles 115
- Feb 27, 2018 - Los Angeles 122 vs. Denver 120
- Jan 17, 2018 - Los Angeles 109 vs. Denver 104
- Mar 16, 2017 - Denver 129 vs. Los Angeles 114
- Jan 21, 2017 - Denver 123 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Dec 26, 2016 - Denver 106 vs. Los Angeles 102
- Dec 20, 2016 - Los Angeles 119 vs. Denver 102
- Mar 27, 2016 - Los Angeles 105 vs. Denver 90
- Feb 24, 2016 - Denver 87 vs. Los Angeles 81
- Nov 24, 2015 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Denver 94
Injury Report for Denver
- Bryn Forbes: Out (Not Injury Related)
- JaMychal Green: Out (Covid-19)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Vlatko Cancar: Out (Foot)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out for the Season (Back)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Marcus Morris: Out (Personal)
- Nicolas Batum: Out (Covid-19)
- Jason Preston: Out (Foot)
- Paul George: Out (Elbow)
- Kawhi Leonard: Out (Knee)