Toronto @ Denver
Current Records: Toronto 26-36; Denver 41-21
What to Know
The Denver Nuggets are getting right back to it as they host the Toronto Raptors at 9 p.m. ET April 29 at Ball Arena. The Nuggets are out to keep their five-game home win streak alive.
It was a close one, but on Wednesday Denver sidestepped the New Orleans Pelicans for a 114-112 victory. It was another big night for Denver's center Nikola Jokic, who had 32 points and eight assists in addition to seven boards and three blocks.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Toronto and the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday was not a total blowout, but with Toronto falling 116-103 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Power forward Pascal Siakam wasn't much of a difference maker for Toronto; Siakam played for 35 minutes with 2-for-16 shooting.
The Nuggets suffered a grim 135-111 defeat to the Raptors in the teams' previous meeting in March. Maybe Denver will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena -- Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nuggets are a 5-point favorite against the Raptors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 4.5-point favorite.
Denver have won six out of their last 11 games against Toronto.
- Mar 24, 2021 - Toronto 135 vs. Denver 111
- Aug 14, 2020 - Toronto 117 vs. Denver 109
- Mar 01, 2020 - Denver 133 vs. Toronto 118
- Dec 16, 2018 - Denver 95 vs. Toronto 86
- Dec 03, 2018 - Denver 106 vs. Toronto 103
- Mar 27, 2018 - Toronto 114 vs. Denver 110
- Nov 01, 2017 - Denver 129 vs. Toronto 111
- Nov 18, 2016 - Toronto 113 vs. Denver 111
- Oct 31, 2016 - Toronto 105 vs. Denver 102
- Feb 01, 2016 - Denver 112 vs. Toronto 93
- Dec 03, 2015 - Denver 106 vs. Toronto 105
Injury Report for Denver
- Will Barton: Out (Hamstring)
- Monte Morris: Out (Hamstring)
- Jamal Murray: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Toronto
- Fred VanVleet: Out (Rest)
- Gary Trent Jr.: Out (Lower Leg)
- Chris Boucher: Out (Knee)
- Paul Watson Jr.: Out (Knee)