Through 3 Quarters
The Denver Nuggets were expected to win this one, and so far that's exactly how it's playing out. They have emerged as the frontrunner after three quarters and are ahead of the San Antonio Spurs 81-72.
Denver has been led by center Nikola Jokic, who so far has dropped a double-double on 22 points and 14 rebounds in addition to five assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is Michael Porter Jr.'s foul situation as he currently sits at four.
San Antonio has been relying on the performance of small forward Keldon Johnson, who has 22 points.
San Antonio @ Denver
Current Records: San Antonio 1-0; Denver 1-0
What to Know
The Denver Nuggets will take on the San Antonio Spurs at 9 p.m. ET on Friday at home. Coming off of a win even when the odds were against them, Denver has to be feeling especially confident now that the spread is in their favor.
The Nuggets strolled past the Phoenix Suns with points to spare on Wednesday, taking the game 110-98. Denver can attribute much of their success to Nikola Jokic, who dropped a double-double on 27 points and 13 boards, and Will Barton, who had 20 points and five assists in addition to six rebounds.
A well-balanced attack led San Antonio over the Orlando Magic every single quarter on their way to victory on Wednesday. San Antonio took their contest against Orlando by a conclusive 123-97 score. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point the Spurs had established a 94-71 advantage. They relied on the efforts of Devin Vassell, who had 19 points and five assists, and Jakob Poeltl, who posted a double-double on 13 rebounds and 12 points along with seven assists.
Their wins lifted both teams to an identical 1-0. Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports to find out who keeps up the positive energy and who hits a stumbling block.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena -- Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $22.00
The Nuggets are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 7-point favorite.
San Antonio have won 14 out of their last 27 games against Denver.
- Apr 09, 2021 - Denver 121 vs. San Antonio 119
- Apr 07, 2021 - Denver 106 vs. San Antonio 96
- Jan 29, 2021 - San Antonio 119 vs. Denver 109
- Aug 05, 2020 - Denver 132 vs. San Antonio 126
- Feb 10, 2020 - Denver 127 vs. San Antonio 120
- Apr 27, 2019 - Denver 90 vs. San Antonio 86
- Apr 25, 2019 - San Antonio 120 vs. Denver 103
- Apr 23, 2019 - Denver 108 vs. San Antonio 90
- Apr 20, 2019 - Denver 117 vs. San Antonio 103
- Apr 18, 2019 - San Antonio 118 vs. Denver 108
- Apr 16, 2019 - Denver 114 vs. San Antonio 105
- Apr 13, 2019 - San Antonio 101 vs. Denver 96
- Apr 03, 2019 - Denver 113 vs. San Antonio 85
- Mar 04, 2019 - San Antonio 104 vs. Denver 103
- Dec 28, 2018 - Denver 102 vs. San Antonio 99
- Dec 26, 2018 - San Antonio 111 vs. Denver 103
- Feb 23, 2018 - Denver 122 vs. San Antonio 119
- Feb 13, 2018 - Denver 117 vs. San Antonio 109
- Jan 30, 2018 - San Antonio 106 vs. Denver 104
- Jan 13, 2018 - San Antonio 112 vs. Denver 80
- Feb 04, 2017 - San Antonio 121 vs. Denver 97
- Jan 19, 2017 - San Antonio 118 vs. Denver 104
- Jan 05, 2017 - San Antonio 127 vs. Denver 99
- Apr 08, 2016 - Denver 102 vs. San Antonio 98
- Dec 26, 2015 - San Antonio 101 vs. Denver 86
- Nov 27, 2015 - San Antonio 91 vs. Denver 80
- Nov 18, 2015 - San Antonio 109 vs. Denver 98
Injury Report for Denver
- Vlatko Cancar: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- Micah Kiser: Out (Groin)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Devontae Cacok: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Zach Collins: Out (Foot)