Oklahoma City @ Denver
Current Records: Oklahoma City 10-14; Denver 13-11
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder have quite the challenge ahead of them as they're expected to be blown off the court 1. They are staying on the road on Friday to face off against the Denver Nuggets at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 12 at Ball Arena. Denver should still be riding high after a win, while OKC will be looking to get back in the win column.
The Thunder fought the good fight in their overtime matchup against the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 114-113. OKC was up 37-23 at the end of the first quarter but couldn't hold on to the lead. The losing side was boosted by center Al Horford, who had 25 points and eight assists along with eight boards. Horford had some trouble finding his footing against Los Angeles in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month, so this was a step in the right direction.
Meanwhile, you can't lose the contest if you win every quarter, and that was precisely Denver's strategy against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday. Denver put a hurting on Cleveland at home to the tune of 133-95. The game was pretty much decided by the half, when the score had already reached 64-43. Denver's power forward Paul Millsap was one of the most active players for the squad, picking up 22 points.
OKC ended up a good deal behind the Nuggets when they played in the teams' previous meeting last month, losing 119-101. Can OKC avenge their defeat, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We'll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena -- Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nuggets are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 12-point favorite.
Denver have won 11 out of their last 20 games against Oklahoma City.
- Jan 19, 2021 - Denver 119 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- Aug 03, 2020 - Denver 121 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Feb 21, 2020 - Oklahoma City 113 vs. Denver 101
- Dec 14, 2019 - Denver 110 vs. Oklahoma City 102
- Mar 29, 2019 - Denver 115 vs. Oklahoma City 105
- Feb 26, 2019 - Denver 121 vs. Oklahoma City 112
- Dec 14, 2018 - Denver 109 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Nov 24, 2018 - Denver 105 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Mar 30, 2018 - Denver 126 vs. Oklahoma City 125
- Feb 01, 2018 - Denver 127 vs. Oklahoma City 124
- Dec 18, 2017 - Oklahoma City 95 vs. Denver 94
- Nov 09, 2017 - Denver 102 vs. Oklahoma City 94
- Apr 12, 2017 - Denver 111 vs. Oklahoma City 105
- Apr 09, 2017 - Oklahoma City 106 vs. Denver 105
- Jan 07, 2017 - Oklahoma City 121 vs. Denver 106
- Nov 25, 2016 - Oklahoma City 132 vs. Denver 129
- Apr 05, 2016 - Oklahoma City 124 vs. Denver 102
- Jan 19, 2016 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Denver 104
- Dec 27, 2015 - Oklahoma City 122 vs. Denver 112
- Nov 01, 2015 - Oklahoma City 117 vs. Denver 93
Injury Report for Denver
- Gary Harris: Out (Thigh)
- PJ Dozier: Out (Hamstring)
- Greg Whittington: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Out (Knee)
- Theo Maledon: Out (Covid-19)
- George Hill: Out (Thumb)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)