New York @ Phoenix
Current Records: New York 37-29; Phoenix 47-19
What to Know
The New York Knicks haven't won a contest against the Phoenix Suns since Jan. 26 of 2018, but they'll be looking to end the drought on Friday. The Knicks' road trip will continue as they head to Phoenix Suns Arena at 10 p.m. ET to face off against Phoenix. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this game.
New York received a tough blow on Wednesday as they fell 113-97 to the Denver Nuggets. New York was down 89-69 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Shooting guard Immanuel Quickley (18 points) was the top scorer for New York.
Meanwhile, Phoenix's and the Atlanta Hawks' matchup on Wednesday was up for grabs at halftime, but the Suns were thoroughly outmatched 68-38 in the second half. Phoenix was pulverized by the Hawks 135-103. It was supposed to be a close contest, and Phoenix was supposed to come out on top, but neither of those things ended up happening. The losing side was boosted by shooting guard Devin Booker, who had 30 points and five assists. The matchup made it Booker's fourth in a row with at least 30 points.
The losses put New York at 37-29 and the Suns at 47-19. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: New York have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44.20%, which places them first in the league. But Phoenix comes into the contest boasting the second highest field goal percentage in the league at 48.90%. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Phoenix Suns Arena -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Bally Sports - Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Suns are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 6-point favorite.
Phoenix have won seven out of their last 11 games against New York.
- Apr 26, 2021 - Phoenix 118 vs. New York 110
- Jan 16, 2020 - Phoenix 121 vs. New York 98
- Jan 03, 2020 - Phoenix 120 vs. New York 112
- Mar 06, 2019 - Phoenix 107 vs. New York 96
- Dec 17, 2018 - Phoenix 128 vs. New York 110
- Jan 26, 2018 - New York 107 vs. Phoenix 85
- Nov 03, 2017 - New York 120 vs. Phoenix 107
- Jan 21, 2017 - Phoenix 107 vs. New York 105
- Dec 13, 2016 - Phoenix 113 vs. New York 111
- Mar 09, 2016 - New York 128 vs. Phoenix 97
- Jan 29, 2016 - New York 102 vs. Phoenix 84
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Jae Crowder: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Cameron Johnson: Out (Wrist)
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for New York
- Alec Burks: Out (Knee)
- Immanuel Quickley: Out (Ankle)
- Mitchell Robinson: Out (Foot)