Memphis @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Memphis 17-17; Oklahoma City 16-22
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Oklahoma City Thunder at 2 p.m. ET Sunday at Chesapeake Energy Arena. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
Memphis was just a bucket short of a victory this past Friday and fell 103-102 to the Denver Nuggets. The losing side was boosted by power forward Brandon Clarke, who had 20 points in addition to three blocks.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma City's and the New York Knicks' contest this past Saturday was up for grabs at halftime, but OKC was thoroughly outmatched 63-43 in the second half. The Thunder have to be aching after a bruising 119-97 defeat to the Knicks. Power forward Aleksej Pokusevski had a rough afternoon: he played for 29 minutes but put up just four points on 2-for-11 shooting.
The Grizzlies are the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. They are currently five-for-five against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Memphis beat Oklahoma City 122-113 in the teams' previous meeting last month. The rematch might be a little tougher for Memphis since the squad won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena -- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Fox SportsNet Oklahoma
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Grizzlies are a big 8-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Grizzlies, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 5.5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won 12 out of their last 18 games against Memphis.
- Feb 17, 2021 - Memphis 122 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Aug 07, 2020 - Memphis 121 vs. Oklahoma City 92
- Dec 26, 2019 - Memphis 110 vs. Oklahoma City 97
- Dec 18, 2019 - Oklahoma City 126 vs. Memphis 122
- Mar 25, 2019 - Memphis 115 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Mar 03, 2019 - Oklahoma City 99 vs. Memphis 95
- Feb 07, 2019 - Oklahoma City 117 vs. Memphis 95
- Apr 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City 137 vs. Memphis 123
- Feb 14, 2018 - Oklahoma City 121 vs. Memphis 114
- Feb 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Memphis 92
- Dec 09, 2017 - Oklahoma City 102 vs. Memphis 101
- Apr 05, 2017 - Oklahoma City 103 vs. Memphis 100
- Feb 03, 2017 - Oklahoma City 114 vs. Memphis 102
- Jan 11, 2017 - Oklahoma City 103 vs. Memphis 95
- Dec 29, 2016 - Memphis 114 vs. Oklahoma City 80
- Jan 06, 2016 - Oklahoma City 112 vs. Memphis 94
- Dec 08, 2015 - Oklahoma City 125 vs. Memphis 88
- Nov 16, 2015 - Memphis 122 vs. Oklahoma City 114
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Al Horford: Out (Rest)
- Svi Mykhailiuk: Out (Coach's Decision)
- Luguentz Dort: Out (Undisclosed)
- Darius Bazley: Out (Shoulder)
- Theo Maledon: Out (Undisclosed)
- George Hill: Out (Thumb)
- Josh Hall: Out (Knee)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee)