Denver @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Denver 17-15; Oklahoma City 14-19
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder haven't won a contest against the Denver Nuggets since Feb. 21 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought this past Saturday. Oklahoma City is getting right back to it as they host Denver at 8 p.m. ET Feb. 27 at Chesapeake Energy Arena. The Thunder aren't favored, but they just beat the odds in their last game, so don't count them out.
Oklahoma City netted a 118-109 victory over the Atlanta Hawks this past Friday. Oklahoma City relied on the efforts of shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who had 24 points along with five boards, and point guard Theo Maledon, who posted a double-double on 13 points and 12 assists.
Meanwhile, the point spread favored Denver this past Thursday, but luck did not. They fell just short of the Washington Wizards by a score of 112-110. The defeat was just more heartbreak for the Nuggets, who fell 130-128 when the teams previously met earlier this month. Despite the loss, they had strong showings from center Nikola Jokic, who dropped a double-double on 24 points and 11 rebounds in addition to seven dimes, and point guard Jamal Murray, who shot 6-for-11 from downtown and finished with 34 points, six dimes and six rebounds.
The Thunder's win brought them up to 14-19 while Denver's defeat pulled them down to 17-15. Oklahoma City is 4-9 after wins this year, and Denver is 9-5 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena -- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nuggets are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 7-point favorite.
Denver have won 12 out of their last 21 games against Oklahoma City.
- Feb 12, 2021 - Denver 97 vs. Oklahoma City 95
- Jan 19, 2021 - Denver 119 vs. Oklahoma City 101
- Aug 03, 2020 - Denver 121 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Feb 21, 2020 - Oklahoma City 113 vs. Denver 101
- Dec 14, 2019 - Denver 110 vs. Oklahoma City 102
- Mar 29, 2019 - Denver 115 vs. Oklahoma City 105
- Feb 26, 2019 - Denver 121 vs. Oklahoma City 112
- Dec 14, 2018 - Denver 109 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Nov 24, 2018 - Denver 105 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Mar 30, 2018 - Denver 126 vs. Oklahoma City 125
- Feb 01, 2018 - Denver 127 vs. Oklahoma City 124
- Dec 18, 2017 - Oklahoma City 95 vs. Denver 94
- Nov 09, 2017 - Denver 102 vs. Oklahoma City 94
- Apr 12, 2017 - Denver 111 vs. Oklahoma City 105
- Apr 09, 2017 - Oklahoma City 106 vs. Denver 105
- Jan 07, 2017 - Oklahoma City 121 vs. Denver 106
- Nov 25, 2016 - Oklahoma City 132 vs. Denver 129
- Apr 05, 2016 - Oklahoma City 124 vs. Denver 102
- Jan 19, 2016 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Denver 104
- Dec 27, 2015 - Oklahoma City 122 vs. Denver 112
- Nov 01, 2015 - Oklahoma City 117 vs. Denver 93
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Darius Miller: Out (Illness)
- Hamidou Diallo: Out (Groin)
- George Hill: Out (Thumb)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Denver
- Paul Millsap: Out (Knee)
- JaMychal Green: Out (Shoulder)
- Gary Harris: Out (Thigh)