Through 3 Quarters
The Minnesota Timberwolves fell flat on their face against the Memphis Grizzlies this past Tuesday, but memory of that harsh defeat doesn't seem to have tripped them up today. After three quarters it's looking more and more like the Timberwolves' high-powered offense is just too much for Memphis as Minnesota lead 83-67.
Minnesota has been riding high on the performance of point guard D'Angelo Russell, who has 22 points and seven assists in addition to five boards. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jarred Vanderbilt's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Memphis has been relying on shooting guard Desmond Bane, who has shot 5-for-12 from beyond the arc and has recorded 18 points and four rebounds, and point guard Ja Morant, who has 11 points and eight assists along with seven rebounds and two blocks.
Memphis has lost 71% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Memphis @ Minnesota
Current Records: Memphis 1-1; Minnesota 1-1
What to Know
After a four-game homestand, the Memphis Grizzlies will be on the road. They will take on the Minnesota Timberwolves at 7:30 p.m. ET Thursday at Target Center. The Grizzlies will be strutting in after a victory while Minnesota will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The Timberwolves are out to make up for these teams' game on Tuesday. Memphis took their contest against Minnesota by a conclusive 124-96 score. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Memphis had established a 96-77 advantage. Their point guard Ja Morant looked sharp as he almost posted a triple-double on 23 points, ten dimes, and nine rebounds.
Memphis is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Houston Rockets March 6 easily too and instead slipped up with a 123-112. In other words, don't count Minnesota out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $84.00
The Grizzlies are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 2-point favorite.
Memphis have won 18 out of their last 27 games against Minnesota.
- Apr 19, 2022 - Memphis 124 vs. Minnesota 96
- Apr 16, 2022 - Minnesota 130 vs. Memphis 117
- Feb 24, 2022 - Minnesota 119 vs. Memphis 114
- Jan 13, 2022 - Memphis 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Nov 20, 2021 - Minnesota 138 vs. Memphis 95
- Nov 08, 2021 - Memphis 125 vs. Minnesota 118
- May 05, 2021 - Memphis 139 vs. Minnesota 135
- Apr 02, 2021 - Memphis 120 vs. Minnesota 108
- Jan 13, 2021 - Memphis 118 vs. Minnesota 107
- Jan 07, 2020 - Memphis 119 vs. Minnesota 112
- Dec 01, 2019 - Memphis 115 vs. Minnesota 107
- Nov 06, 2019 - Memphis 137 vs. Minnesota 121
- Mar 23, 2019 - Minnesota 112 vs. Memphis 99
- Feb 05, 2019 - Memphis 108 vs. Minnesota 106
- Jan 30, 2019 - Minnesota 99 vs. Memphis 97
- Nov 18, 2018 - Memphis 100 vs. Minnesota 87
- Apr 09, 2018 - Minnesota 113 vs. Memphis 94
- Mar 26, 2018 - Memphis 101 vs. Minnesota 93
- Dec 04, 2017 - Memphis 95 vs. Minnesota 92
- Feb 04, 2017 - Memphis 107 vs. Minnesota 99
- Nov 19, 2016 - Memphis 93 vs. Minnesota 71
- Nov 01, 2016 - Minnesota 116 vs. Memphis 80
- Oct 26, 2016 - Memphis 102 vs. Minnesota 98
- Mar 16, 2016 - Minnesota 114 vs. Memphis 108
- Feb 19, 2016 - Memphis 109 vs. Minnesota 104
- Jan 23, 2016 - Minnesota 106 vs. Memphis 101
- Nov 15, 2015 - Memphis 114 vs. Minnesota 106
Injury Report for MinnesotaNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Memphis
- Santi Aldama: Out (Knee)
- Killian Tillie: Out (Knee)