Phoenix @ Minnesota
Current Records: Phoenix 21-11; Minnesota 7-27
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves need to shore up a defense that is allowing 116.44 points per game before their contest on Sunday. They are getting right back to it as they host the Phoenix Suns at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 28 at Target Center. Phoenix should still be riding high after a victory, while the Timberwolves will be looking to right the ship.
The matchup between Minnesota and the Washington Wizards this past Saturday was not particularly close, with Minnesota falling 128-112. Center Karl-Anthony Towns (23 points) and shooting guard Anthony Edwards (21 points) were the top scorers for Minnesota.
Meanwhile, Phoenix was able to grind out a solid win over the Chicago Bulls this past Friday, winning 106-97. The Suns relied on the efforts of point guard Chris Paul, who dropped a double-double on 15 dimes and 14 points along with six boards, and center Deandre Ayton, who had 22 points in addition to seven rebounds and three blocks.
The Timberwolves are the clear underdogs, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past seven games, so buyers beware.
Minnesota ended up a good deal behind Phoenix when they played when the two teams previously met in December of 2019, losing 125-109. Maybe Minnesota will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the game and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Fox Sports - Arizona
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Suns are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 10-point favorite.
Minnesota have won nine out of their last 16 games against Phoenix.
- Dec 09, 2019 - Phoenix 125 vs. Minnesota 109
- Nov 23, 2019 - Phoenix 100 vs. Minnesota 98
- Jan 22, 2019 - Minnesota 118 vs. Phoenix 91
- Jan 20, 2019 - Minnesota 116 vs. Phoenix 114
- Dec 15, 2018 - Phoenix 107 vs. Minnesota 99
- Dec 23, 2017 - Minnesota 115 vs. Phoenix 106
- Dec 16, 2017 - Phoenix 108 vs. Minnesota 106
- Nov 26, 2017 - Minnesota 119 vs. Phoenix 108
- Nov 11, 2017 - Phoenix 118 vs. Minnesota 110
- Jan 24, 2017 - Minnesota 112 vs. Phoenix 111
- Dec 19, 2016 - Minnesota 115 vs. Phoenix 108
- Nov 25, 2016 - Minnesota 98 vs. Phoenix 85
- Mar 28, 2016 - Minnesota 121 vs. Phoenix 116
- Mar 14, 2016 - Phoenix 107 vs. Minnesota 104
- Jan 17, 2016 - Minnesota 117 vs. Phoenix 87
- Dec 13, 2015 - Phoenix 108 vs. Minnesota 101
Injury Report for Minnesota
- D'Angelo Russell: Out (Knee)