Los Angeles @ Portland
Current Records: Los Angeles 37-29; Portland 37-29
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers might have tired legs after a contest yesterday as they head on the road against the Portland Trail Blazers at 10 p.m. ET May 7 at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. Portland will be strutting in after a win while the Lakers will be stumbling in from a loss.
Los Angeles suffered a grim 118-94 defeat to the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday. Los Angeles was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 65-42. Los Angeles' defeat came about despite a quality game from small forward Kyle Kuzma, who had 25 points along with five boards.
Meanwhile, you're bound to get a positive result if you outscore your opponent every quarter, and that's exactly how it played out for Portland on Wednesday. They put a hurting on the Cleveland Cavaliers on the road to the tune of 141-105. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point the Trail Blazers had established a 102-80 advantage. It was another big night for their point guard Damian Lillard, who shot 6-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 32 points and nine assists.
The Lakers are expected to lose this next one by 7.5. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 5-10 ATS when expected to lose.
Los Angeles and Portland now sit at an identical 37-29. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Los Angeles enters the game with only 106.6 points allowed per game on average, good for second best in the league. Less enviably, the Trail Blazers have allowed their opponents to shoot 47.60% from the floor on average, which is the fourth highest shooting percentage allowed in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Trail Blazers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Lakers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Trail Blazers as a 6.5-point favorite.
Portland have won 15 out of their last 24 games against Los Angeles.
- Feb 26, 2021 - Los Angeles 102 vs. Portland 93
- Dec 28, 2020 - Portland 115 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Aug 29, 2020 - Los Angeles 131 vs. Portland 122
- Aug 24, 2020 - Los Angeles 135 vs. Portland 115
- Aug 22, 2020 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Portland 108
- Aug 20, 2020 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Portland 88
- Aug 18, 2020 - Portland 100 vs. Los Angeles 93
- Jan 31, 2020 - Portland 127 vs. Los Angeles 119
- Dec 28, 2019 - Los Angeles 128 vs. Portland 120
- Dec 06, 2019 - Los Angeles 136 vs. Portland 113
- Apr 09, 2019 - Portland 104 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Nov 14, 2018 - Los Angeles 126 vs. Portland 117
- Nov 03, 2018 - Los Angeles 114 vs. Portland 110
- Oct 18, 2018 - Portland 128 vs. Los Angeles 119
- Mar 05, 2018 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Dec 23, 2017 - Portland 95 vs. Los Angeles 92
- Nov 02, 2017 - Portland 113 vs. Los Angeles 110
- Mar 26, 2017 - Portland 97 vs. Los Angeles 81
- Jan 25, 2017 - Portland 105 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Jan 10, 2017 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 87
- Jan 05, 2017 - Portland 118 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Jan 23, 2016 - Portland 121 vs. Los Angeles 103
- Nov 28, 2015 - Portland 108 vs. Los Angeles 96
- Nov 22, 2015 - Portland 107 vs. Los Angeles 93
Injury Report for Portland
- Norman Powell: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Marc Gasol: Game-Time Decision (Finger)
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Kyle Kuzma: Game-Time Decision (Thumb)
- Talen Horton-Tucker: Out (Calf)
- LeBron James: Out (Ankle)
- Jared Dudley: Out (Knee)
- Dennis Schroder: Out (Covid-19)