Houston @ Portland
Current Records: Houston 16-52; Portland 39-29
What to Know
The Houston Rockets need to shore up a defense that is allowing 116.16 points per game before their contest on Monday. Their road trip will continue as they head to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter at 10 p.m. ET to face off against the Portland Trail Blazers. They will be strutting in after a victory while Houston will be stumbling in from a loss.
The Rockets came up short against the Utah Jazz this past Saturday, falling 124-116. Despite the defeat, Houston had strong showings from shooting guard Khyri Thomas, who had 27 points along with five steals and five boards, and small forward Kenyon Martin Jr., who dropped a double-double on 27 points and ten rebounds.
A well-balanced attack led Rip City over the San Antonio Spurs every single quarter on their way to victory this past Saturday. The Trail Blazers made easy work of San Antonio and carried off a 124-102 win. Portland's point guard Damian Lillard did his thing and had 30 points and eight assists. Dame's night made it four games in a row in which he has scored at least 30 points.
Houston have to know they'll be fighting an uphill battle given the 15 point spread they are up against. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The Rockets came out on top in a nail-biter against the Trail Blazers in the teams' previous meeting in January, sneaking past 104-101. The rematch might be a little tougher for Houston since the squad won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: ATTSN Southwest 2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Trail Blazers are a big 15-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Trail Blazers as an 11.5-point favorite.
Houston have won 11 out of their last 20 games against Portland.
- Jan 28, 2021 - Houston 104 vs. Portland 101
- Dec 26, 2020 - Portland 128 vs. Houston 126
- Aug 04, 2020 - Portland 110 vs. Houston 102
- Jan 29, 2020 - Portland 125 vs. Houston 112
- Jan 15, 2020 - Portland 117 vs. Houston 107
- Nov 18, 2019 - Houston 132 vs. Portland 108
- Jan 05, 2019 - Portland 110 vs. Houston 101
- Dec 11, 2018 - Houston 111 vs. Portland 103
- Oct 30, 2018 - Portland 104 vs. Houston 85
- Apr 05, 2018 - Houston 96 vs. Portland 94
- Mar 20, 2018 - Houston 115 vs. Portland 111
- Jan 10, 2018 - Houston 121 vs. Portland 112
- Dec 09, 2017 - Houston 124 vs. Portland 117
- Mar 30, 2017 - Portland 117 vs. Houston 107
- Nov 27, 2016 - Houston 130 vs. Portland 114
- Nov 17, 2016 - Houston 126 vs. Portland 109
- Feb 25, 2016 - Houston 119 vs. Portland 105
- Feb 10, 2016 - Portland 116 vs. Houston 103
- Feb 06, 2016 - Portland 96 vs. Houston 79
- Nov 18, 2015 - Houston 108 vs. Portland 103
Injury Report for Portland
- Carmelo Anthony: Out (Ankle)
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Houston
- Avery Bradley: Out (Personal)
- Christian Wood: Out (Ankle)
- David Nwaba: Out (Wrist)
- D.J. Wilson: Out (Covid-19)
- Kevin Porter: Out (Ankle)
- Eric Gordon: Out (Groin)
- Sterling Brown: Out (Forehead)
- Dante Exum: Out for the Season (Calf)
- John Wall: Out for the Season (Hamstring)