Through 1 Quarter
We've seen some fireworks one quarter in as the Sacramento Kings and the Minnesota Timberwolves have combined for 85 points. Sacramento has emerged as the frontrunner and is ahead of Minnesota 46-39. The Kings' offense has come from several players so far.
Minnesota @ Sacramento
Current Records: Minnesota 15-43; Sacramento 23-34
What to Know
This Tuesday, the Sacramento Kings are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 118.6 points per contest. They will be playing at home against the Minnesota Timberwolves at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday. Coming off of a win even when the odds were against them, the Kings have to be feeling especially confident now that the spread is in their favor.
Sacramento had enough points to win and then some against the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday, taking their matchup 121-107. Point guard De'Aaron Fox continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, dropping a double-double on 30 points and 12 dimes.
Meanwhile, the game between Minnesota and the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday was not a total blowout, but with the Timberwolves falling 124-105 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Minnesota was down 104-69 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The top scorer for Minnesota was small forward Anthony Edwards (23 points).
Sacramento's victory brought them up to 23-34 while Minnesota's loss pulled them down to 15-43. The Kings are 11-11 after wins this year, and Minnesota is 13-29 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Kings are a 3-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Kings as a 4-point favorite.
Minnesota have won 12 out of their last 19 games against Sacramento.
- Apr 05, 2021 - Minnesota 116 vs. Sacramento 106
- Feb 03, 2020 - Sacramento 113 vs. Minnesota 109
- Jan 27, 2020 - Sacramento 133 vs. Minnesota 129
- Dec 26, 2019 - Minnesota 105 vs. Sacramento 104
- Feb 25, 2019 - Minnesota 112 vs. Sacramento 105
- Dec 17, 2018 - Minnesota 132 vs. Sacramento 105
- Dec 12, 2018 - Sacramento 141 vs. Minnesota 130
- Nov 09, 2018 - Sacramento 121 vs. Minnesota 110
- Feb 26, 2018 - Minnesota 118 vs. Sacramento 100
- Feb 11, 2018 - Minnesota 111 vs. Sacramento 106
- Dec 14, 2017 - Minnesota 119 vs. Sacramento 96
- Apr 01, 2017 - Sacramento 123 vs. Minnesota 117
- Feb 27, 2017 - Minnesota 102 vs. Sacramento 88
- Dec 23, 2016 - Sacramento 109 vs. Minnesota 105
- Oct 29, 2016 - Sacramento 106 vs. Minnesota 103
- Apr 07, 2016 - Minnesota 105 vs. Sacramento 97
- Mar 23, 2016 - Minnesota 113 vs. Sacramento 104
- Dec 18, 2015 - Minnesota 99 vs. Sacramento 95
- Nov 27, 2015 - Minnesota 101 vs. Sacramento 91
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Richaun Holmes: Out (Hamstring)
- Robert Woodard II: Out (Back)
- Marvin Bagley III: Out (Hand)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Jaylen Nowell: Game-Time Decision (Lower Leg)
- Malik Beasley: Out (Hamstring)