New Orleans @ New York
Current Records: New Orleans 25-31; New York 30-27
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans' road trip will continue as they head to Madison Square Garden at 1 p.m. ET Sunday to face off against the New York Knicks. New York should still be feeling good after a win, while the Pelicans will be looking to get back in the win column.
New Orleans fought the good fight in their overtime game against the Washington Wizards this past Friday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 117-115. Small forward Brandon Ingram put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 34 points and five assists along with seven boards.
Meanwhile, the Knicks netted a 117-109 victory over the Dallas Mavericks this past Friday. New York's power forward Julius Randle was on fire, shooting 6-for-11 from downtown and finishing with a double-double on 44 points and ten rebounds in addition to seven assists. Randle's afternoon made it three games in a row in which he has scored at least 32 points.
Barring any buzzer beaters, New Orleans is expected to win a tight contest. Now might not be the best time to take New Orleans against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
The Pelicans are now 25-31 while the Knicks sit at 30-27. A pair of defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: New Orleans is fifth worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 115 on average. New York's defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44.20%, which places them first in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden -- New York, New York
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Pelicans are a slight 1-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Knicks as a 2.5-point favorite.
New Orleans have won six out of their last ten games against New York.
- Apr 14, 2021 - New York 116 vs. New Orleans 106
- Jan 10, 2020 - New Orleans 123 vs. New York 111
- Nov 23, 2018 - New York 114 vs. New Orleans 109
- Nov 16, 2018 - New Orleans 129 vs. New York 124
- Jan 14, 2018 - New Orleans 123 vs. New York 118
- Dec 30, 2017 - New York 105 vs. New Orleans 103
- Jan 09, 2017 - New Orleans 110 vs. New York 96
- Dec 30, 2016 - New Orleans 104 vs. New York 92
- Mar 28, 2016 - New Orleans 99 vs. New York 91
- Nov 15, 2015 - New York 95 vs. New Orleans 87
Injury Report for New York
- Alec Burks: Out (Covid-19)
- Mitchell Robinson: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Jaxson Hayes: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: Out (Ankle)
- Josh Hart: Out (Thumb)