Through 3 Quarters
Both the Memphis Grizzlies and the Los Angeles Lakers have kept the scorekeepers busy with 186 between them three quarters in. Either team is in a position to win, but the Grizz leads 94-92.
Point guard Ja Morant has led the way so far for Memphis, as he has posted a double-double on 27 points and ten assists. Los Angeles has enjoyed the tag-team combination of power forward Carmelo Anthony and power forward Anthony Davis. The former has 18 points, while the latter has 18 points in addition to eight rebounds and two blocks.
Memphis @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Memphis 2-0; Los Angeles 0-2
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies haven't won a contest against the Los Angeles Lakers since Feb. 29 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought on Sunday. Memphis might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against Los Angeles at 9:30 p.m. ET Oct. 24 at Staples Center.
The Grizzlies didn't have too much breathing room in their game with the Los Angeles Clippers this past Saturday, but they still walked away with a 120-114 victory. The Grizz's center Steven Adams looked sharp as he had 17 points and five assists along with nine boards.
Meanwhile, the Lakers came up short against the Phoenix Suns this past Friday, falling 115-105. Los Angeles was down 94-67 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Despite the loss, they got a solid performance out of power forward Anthony Davis, who posted a double-double on 22 points and 14 rebounds.
The Grizzlies are expected to lose this next one by 5. Those brave souls putting their money on Los Angeles against the spread have faith in an upset since their team's 0-2 record ATS can't hold a candle to Memphis' 2-0.
Memphis' win lifted them to 2-0 while Los Angeles' defeat dropped them down to 0-2. We'll see if Memphis can repeat their recent success or if the Lakers bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: Bally Sports SouthEast Memphis
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $48.00
The Lakers are a 5-point favorite against the Grizzlies, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 6-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 12 out of their last 21 games against Memphis.
- Feb 12, 2021 - Los Angeles 115 vs. Memphis 105
- Jan 05, 2021 - Los Angeles 94 vs. Memphis 92
- Jan 03, 2021 - Los Angeles 108 vs. Memphis 94
- Feb 29, 2020 - Memphis 105 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Feb 21, 2020 - Los Angeles 117 vs. Memphis 105
- Nov 23, 2019 - Los Angeles 109 vs. Memphis 108
- Oct 29, 2019 - Los Angeles 120 vs. Memphis 91
- Feb 25, 2019 - Memphis 110 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Dec 23, 2018 - Memphis 107 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Dec 08, 2018 - Los Angeles 111 vs. Memphis 88
- Mar 24, 2018 - Los Angeles 100 vs. Memphis 93
- Jan 15, 2018 - Memphis 123 vs. Los Angeles 114
- Dec 27, 2017 - Memphis 109 vs. Los Angeles 99
- Nov 05, 2017 - Los Angeles 107 vs. Memphis 102
- Apr 02, 2017 - Los Angeles 108 vs. Memphis 103
- Jan 03, 2017 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Memphis 102
- Dec 03, 2016 - Memphis 103 vs. Los Angeles 100
- Mar 22, 2016 - Los Angeles 107 vs. Memphis 100
- Feb 26, 2016 - Memphis 112 vs. Los Angeles 95
- Feb 24, 2016 - Memphis 128 vs. Los Angeles 119
- Dec 27, 2015 - Memphis 112 vs. Los Angeles 96
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Wayne Ellington: Out (Hamstring)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Talen Horton-Tucker: Out (Thumb)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Hand)