Miami @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Miami 12-17; Los Angeles 22-8
What to Know
The Miami Heat's road trip will continue as they head to Staples Center at 8:30 p.m. ET this past Saturday to face off against the Los Angeles Lakers. Miami might not be the betting favorite, but it's doubtful the players in their locker room care too much about that.
The Heat picked up a 118-110 victory over the Sacramento Kings this past Thursday. Miami relied on the efforts of point guard Tyler Herro, who had 27 points, and power forward Kelly Olynyk, who had 22 points along with seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles ended up a good deal behind the Brooklyn Nets when they played this past Thursday, losing 109-98. Los Angeles' defeat came about despite a quality game from small forward LeBron James, who had 32 points and seven assists in addition to eight boards.
Miami's win brought them up to 12-17 while Los Angeles' loss pulled them down to 22-8. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Heat have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 45%, which places them fourth in the league. But the Lakers rank second in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 48.70% on the season. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: ABC
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a 3.5-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Los Angeles have won 11 out of their last 16 games against Miami.
- Oct 11, 2020 - Los Angeles 106 vs. Miami 93
- Oct 09, 2020 - Miami 111 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Oct 06, 2020 - Los Angeles 102 vs. Miami 96
- Oct 04, 2020 - Miami 115 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Oct 02, 2020 - Los Angeles 124 vs. Miami 114
- Sep 30, 2020 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Miami 98
- Dec 13, 2019 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Miami 110
- Nov 08, 2019 - Los Angeles 95 vs. Miami 80
- Dec 10, 2018 - Los Angeles 108 vs. Miami 105
- Nov 18, 2018 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Miami 97
- Mar 16, 2018 - Miami 92 vs. Los Angeles 91
- Mar 01, 2018 - Los Angeles 131 vs. Miami 113
- Jan 06, 2017 - Los Angeles 127 vs. Miami 100
- Dec 22, 2016 - Miami 115 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Mar 30, 2016 - Los Angeles 102 vs. Miami 100
- Nov 10, 2015 - Miami 101 vs. Los Angeles 88
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Markieff Morris: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Kostas Antetokounmpo: Game-Time Decision (Kneecap)
- Dennis Schroder: Out (Covid-19)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Calf)
Injury Report for Miami
- Gabe Vincent: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Goran Dragic: Out (Ankle)
- Chris Silva: Out (Hip)
- Avery Bradley: Out (Calf)
- Meyers Leonard: Out for the Season (Shoulder)