Golden State @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Golden State 19-15; Los Angeles 23-11
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers and the Golden State Warriors will face off in a Pacific Division clash at 8 p.m. ET Feb. 28 at Staples Center. The contest is expected to be a close one, with the Lakers going off at just a 2.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles beat the Portland Trail Blazers 102-93 this past Friday. Los Angeles' small forward LeBron James did his thing and dropped a double-double on 28 points and 11 rebounds in addition to seven dimes.
Meanwhile, Golden State was able to grind out a solid victory over the Charlotte Hornets this past Friday, winning 130-121. Golden State can attribute much of their success to point guard Stephen Curry, who had 29 points and nine assists, and shooting guard Kelly Oubre Jr., who had 27 points along with six boards.
Los Angeles is now 23-11 while the Warriors sit at 19-15. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Lakers enter the matchup with only 106.1 points allowed per game on average, good for second best in the league. As for Golden State, they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 44.10%, which places them second in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lakers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Lakers slightly, as the game opened with the Lakers as a 4-point favorite.
Golden State have won 14 out of their last 20 games against Los Angeles.
- Jan 18, 2021 - Golden State 115 vs. Los Angeles 113
- Feb 27, 2020 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Golden State 86
- Feb 08, 2020 - Los Angeles 125 vs. Golden State 120
- Nov 13, 2019 - Los Angeles 120 vs. Golden State 94
- Apr 04, 2019 - Golden State 108 vs. Los Angeles 90
- Feb 02, 2019 - Golden State 115 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Jan 21, 2019 - Golden State 130 vs. Los Angeles 111
- Dec 25, 2018 - Los Angeles 127 vs. Golden State 101
- Mar 14, 2018 - Golden State 117 vs. Los Angeles 106
- Dec 22, 2017 - Golden State 113 vs. Los Angeles 106
- Dec 18, 2017 - Golden State 116 vs. Los Angeles 114
- Nov 29, 2017 - Golden State 127 vs. Los Angeles 123
- Apr 12, 2017 - Golden State 109 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Nov 25, 2016 - Golden State 109 vs. Los Angeles 85
- Nov 23, 2016 - Golden State 149 vs. Los Angeles 106
- Nov 04, 2016 - Los Angeles 117 vs. Golden State 97
- Mar 06, 2016 - Los Angeles 112 vs. Golden State 95
- Jan 14, 2016 - Golden State 116 vs. Los Angeles 98
- Jan 05, 2016 - Golden State 109 vs. Los Angeles 88
- Nov 24, 2015 - Golden State 111 vs. Los Angeles 77
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Anthony Davis: Out (Calf)
Injury Report for Golden State
- Jordan Poole: Game-Time Decision (Lower Leg)
- Marquese Chriss: Out for the Season (Lower Leg)
- Klay Thompson: Out for the Season (Achilles)