NBA Awards Show: Full results, complete list of winners as Westbrook takes MVP
The OKC star took MVP honors while Draymond Green was named Defensive Player of the Year
For the first time ever, the NBA hosted an end-of-the season awards show, as the league's elite, as well as family, friends, and media gathered on Monday night in New York City to find out the recipients of the top honors.
Hosted by Drake, who did a pretty solid job, the event had its ups and downs, but was mostly a success, thanks in large part to NBA big men he'd "kick their a--," as well as emotional speeches from Monty Williams and Russell Westbrook., telling some fellow
That emotional speech from Westbrook was an MVP speech, as the Thunder point guard took home the league's highest honor for his historic season, in which he averaged a triple-double, while setting all sorts of records in the progress.
Here is the full list of award winners:
- Draymond Green
- Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Eric Gordon
- Malcolm Brogdon
- Executive of the Year: Bob Myers
- Sager Strong Award: Monty Williams
- Twyman-Stokes Teammate of the Year: Dirk Nowitzki
- Best Style: Russell Westbrook
- Assists of the Year: Stephen Curry/Draymond Green
- Block of the Year: Kawhi Leonard
- Dunk of the Year: Victor Oladipo
- Sportsmanship Award: Kemba Walker
- Game-Winner of the Year: Russell Westbrook
- Performance of the Year: Klay Thompson
- Playoff Moment: Kevin Durant
Relive the best moments from our live blog coverage here:
A dive into the NBA history books for every result from every NBA All-Star Game
James set the tone during practice that this year's All-Star game was going to be differen...
The 76ers center handled 'mismatches' like they were nothing
LeBron James says he will continue his social activism no matter what people say about him
The 76ers guard is in hot water after a controversial video surfaced showing him using a racial...
LeBron James earned his third career All-Star Game MVP award