NBA games Friday, scores, highlights: Westbrook gets triple-double in Thunder win
We've got all the scores, top plays and news from Friday's NBA games
There were six games on the NBA schedule for Thursday, with some of the league's best teams in action, but with a lot of stars on the sidelines.
First the Kyrie Irving-less Celtics beat the Magic in Orlando, and later the Warriors lost to the Kings without the services of Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry or Klay Thompson. All the stars were on the court for the Thunder, however, as they beat the Clippers in OKC.
We'll have all the scores, highlights and updates from throughout the night.
NBA scores for Friday, March 16
- Philadelphia 76ers 120, Brooklyn Nets 116 (Box Score)
- Boston Celtics 92, Orlando Magic 83 (Box Score)
- Toronto Raptors 122, Dallas Mavericks 115 -- OT (Box Score)
- Oklahoma City Thunder 121, Los Angeles Clippers 113 (Box Score)
- Miami Heat 92, Los Angeles Lakers 91 (Box Score)
- Sacramento Kings 98, Golden State Warriors 93 (Box Score)
Lonzo sends one into the stands
Lonzo Ball isn't known for his defense, but with plays like this he could start building a reputation.
Westbrook gets triple-double to power Thunder
Russell Westbrook didn't have to score much, but he filled up the stat sheet as usual in the Thunder's win. He recorded his fourth straight triple-double with 16 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds.
This finish from Terrance Ferguson defies all logic. I won't even try to explain it. Just watch.
Happy birthday, Joel
Most people celebrate their birthday with a cake ... maybe a few presents. Joel Embiid celebrated his 24th birthday with a sweet shot fake and a thunderous dunk.
Boban is a large, large man
Watch out Jonas!
Ferguson can fly
When Terrance Ferguson is on the fast break by himself, you know something crazy is about to happen.
- Warriors forward Kevin Durant will miss at least two weeks with a rib injury.
- Celtics guard Marcus Smart underwent successful thumb surgery on Friday, and is expected to return to basketball activities in 6-8 weeks.
- Clippers coach Doc Rivers was Rockets on Thursday.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
CBS Sports data scientist Stephen Oh calls this a 'coin flip' series, and it's hard to argue...
The best parts of the playoffs so far have been the ones we haven't expected
Mike McClure, a DFS pro with almost $2 million in career earnings, gives optimal lineup ad...
Golden State's defense has already imploded twice at home in the first round -- so what happens...
Lou Williams is a beast, and the Warriors' defense is a serious concern
Houston advances past Utah after five games but the Warriors-Clippers series shifts back to...