NBA games Sunday, scores, highlights: Harden nets 41 as Rockets win 12 in row
We've got all the scores, top plays and news from Sunday's NBA games
Only five games on the docket this Sunday in the NBA, but boy are there some fun ones. There should be plenty of entertaining action all day long in the Association and we've got you covered.
Let's get into it.
NBA scores for Sunday, Feb. 25
All times Eastern
- Charlotte Hornets 114, Detroit Pistons 98 (box score)
- New Orleans Pelicans 123, Milwaukee Bucks 121 - OT (box score)
- San Antonio Spurs 110, Cleveland Cavaliers 94 (box score) -- ABC
- Washington Wizards 109, Philadelphia 76ers 94 (box score) -- ESPN
- Houston Rockets 119, Denver Nuggets 114 (box score)
Harden leads the Rockets to 12 in a row
James Harden scored 41 in a a victory over the Nuggets that was much closer than the Rockets wanted it to be. He was incredible and even had the Nuggets broadcast team comparing his step-back jumper to Michael Jordan at one point. Denver made a push at the end, but it was Harden that sealed the deal. Houston has won 12 in a row.
LeBron comes up just shy of triple-double in Cavs' loss
The Spurs came in with a four-game losing streak and getting through LeBron James was no simple task for them. James finished the game with 33 points, 13 rebounds and nine assists. However, his team came up short as the Spurs rolled to a 110-94 victory. LaMarcus Aldridge had another great game, finishing with 27 points, and San Antonio managed to cruise to a win in the end.
Giannis spins into a dunk
Rondo banks in a big 3-pointer
Alone, this Rajon Rondo shot just looks like a bad 3-pointer that got saved by the glass. However, it ended up being the go-ahead basket the Pelicans would need to win the game.
Green catches the lob from LeBron
Jeff Green caught the perfect lob from LeBron James to throw down an incredible highlight dunk in transition.
Hornets score 70 in a half
The Hornets had no issues putting up points on the Pistons, scoring 70 of their 114 on the day in the first half. Kemba Walker and Dwight Howard each finished with 17 points and Charlotte knocked down 16 3-pointers en route to a 16-point win..
Gasol can still get up
Pau Gasol might be on the older side, but he can still rise up for a monstrous hammer when he's given the lane for it.
LeBron hits a circus shot
LeBron James was double-teamed and fading away from the backboard and was somehow still able to knock down this shot.
Simmons throws down the one-hander
Ben Simmons had a pretty big one-handed slam dunk Sunday. It looked extra nice with the save from his teammate.
Jokic hits the bounce pass
Nikola Jokic filled his one highlight pass per game quota with this nice bounce pass.
- Russell Westbrook says Zaza Pachulia Saturday night when the big man fell on his legs.
- Jimmy Butler will reportedly for his torn meniscus. He's expected back in four to six weeks.
- Zach Lavine will continue to not play in back-to-backs while he makes his way back from knee surgery.
- Eric Bledsoe returned from a wrist injury and scored 20 points in OT loss to Pelicans.
- Manu Ginobli sat out Sunday with a bruised sternum.
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (groin) and Caris Levert (knee) could both return to the Nets rotation on Monday.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
The Bucks got an impressive road win over the Raptors
The Suns are looking for some backcourt help and a draft pick
Bulls players refused to practice on Sunday after 56-point loss to Celtics
Embiid said earlier in the week that he was frustrated with his role offensively since the...
Green has been sidelined for nearly a month
A regularly updated look at the injuries that are causing the biggest stir across the NBA