NBA Playoffs 2019: Watch Warriors vs. Clippers Game 3, series schedule, online stream, TV channel, odds, matchups
The No. 1 seed Warriors squandered a 31-point lead in Game 2, and find themselves tied 1-1 in the first round
Not many of us have seen something like we saw on Monday night, so how will both teams respond in Game 3?
The defending champion Golden State Warriors suddenly find themselves in a bit of trouble against the No. 8 seeded Los Angeles Clippers and now they will have to try to bounce back in Game 3 when they visit the Clippers at Staples Center on Thursday night.
The West's top-ranked team somehow blew a 31-point lead in the third quarter and fell to the Clippers 135-131 in Game 2 on Monday night. It represents the largest playoff comeback in NBA history, topping when the 1989 Los Angeles Lakers came back from 29 points down vs. the Seattle SuperSonics.
While that terrible loss was certainly bad enough, it doesn't stop there -- DeMarcus Cousins suffered a torn quad when he exited Game 2 after hustling for a loose ball, and will not play in the rest of this series.
Here's everything you need to know about this first-round matchup between the Warriors and the Clippers.
No. 1 Golden State Warriors vs. No. 8 Los Angeles Clippers
How to watch Game 3
- Date: Thursday, April 18
- Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
- Location: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV channel: TNT
- Live stats: GameTracker
- Online streaming: fuboTV (try it free)
- Odds: Warriors -8.5
Who wins Game 3 of Warriors vs. Clippers? And which side of the spread hits in over 50 percent of simulations? Visit SportsLine now to find out which side of the spread you should be all over Thursday, all from the model that's up more than $3,500 on top-rated NBA picks this season.
Playoff series schedule
All times Eastern
- Game 1: Warriors 121, Clippers 104 (Box Score)
- Game 2: Clippers 135, Warriors 131 (Box Score)
- Game 3: Warriors at Clippers, Thursday, April 18, 10:30 p.m. -- TV: TNT
- Game 4: Warriors at Clippers, Sunday, April 21, 3:30 p.m. -- TV: ABC
- Game 5: Clippers at Warriors, Wednesday, April 24, TBD -- TV: TBD
- Game 6*: Warriors at Clippers, Friday, April 26, TBD -- TV: TBD
- Game 7*: Clippers at Warriors, Sunday, April 28, TBD -- TV: TBD
Odds and Analysis
Check Sportsline's NBA pick sheet for all your daily odds.
Who wins the 2019 NBA Finals? And which massive long shot can go all the way? Visit SportsLine now to see who you should back to win the NBA Finals, all from the proven model that is up more than $4,000 on its NBA picks this season, and find out.
Clippers: The Clippers are one of the feel-good stories of the postseason, as not too many picked them to be there prior to the season's start. They will have their hands full when it comes to the Warriors, but the matchup should provide the team with some solid experience regardless.
Warriors: The Warriors enter the postseason as the heavy favorite to win their third consecutive title. The team was clearly coasting for large portions of the regular season, but now that the postseason is here, their focus and performance will likely elevate.
Matchups to watch
1. Steve Kerr vs. Doc Rivers: Two of the game's premier coaches will go head-to-head in this series. Both have had ample success in the postseason, and both know what to expect. Playoff basketball becomes much more of a chess match, as teams play each other multiple times in a row, and it will be interesting to see how these two counteract each other.
2. Patrick Beverley vs. Steph Curry: Beverley likes to make things as difficult as possible for his opponents, and he will surely be tasked with trying to slow Curry at times throughout the series. A matchup between the league's deadliest shooter and one of its most tenacious defenders promises to be exciting.
3. Draymond Green vs. His emotions: Green led the league with 16 technical fouls during the regular season, and his emotions have gotten the best of him in the postseason in the past. The Warriors won't want to lose Green for a game due to suspension (we all remember what happened when that occurred in 2016), so he will have to try to keep himself in check.
2019 NBA Playoff Bracket
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Thursday's Sixers vs. Nets game 10,000 time...
With the regular season in the books, the coaching carousel has begun moving in the NBA
All three series that take place on Thursday night are currently tied at 1-all
The Golden State Warriors forward has been dealing with Beverley's pesky defense throughout...
SportsLine's advanced computer model simulated Thursday's Warriors vs. Clippers game 10,000...
Levert didn't appreciate Embiid's laugh-filled apology: 'We didn't really like that. We thought...