NBA scores, highlights: LeBron becomes youngest NBA player to reach 32K points; Raptors beat Sixers in East showdown
The Lakers suffered a 42-point loss to the Pacers, while the Raptors took care of the Sixers
Welcome back to another exciting night of NBA action. This Tuesday night was a bit busier than usual, with eight games on the docket.
To start the night, Tobias Harris played hero for the Clippers, hitting a game-winner to cap their 20-point comeback against the Hornets. Meanwhile, the Lakers suffered an embarrassing 42-point loss to the Pacers, though LeBron James made history in the process, reaching 32,000 career points.
Later on, the Thunder got past the Magic thanks to Russell Westbrook's seventh straight triple-double, while the shorthanded Grizzlies took down the Timberwolves. Plus, the Raptors went into Philadelphia and took care of the Sixers in a big Eastern Conference showdown.
Here's everything you need to know about Tuesday's NBA action, along with Wednesday's schedule.
NBA scores for Tuesday, Feb. 5
- Los Angeles Clippers 117, Charlotte Hornets 115 (Box Score)
- Boston Celtics 103, Cleveland Cavaliers 96 (Box Score)
- Indiana Pacers 136, Los Angeles Lakers 94 (Box Score)
- Detroit Pistons 105, New York Knicks 92 (Box Score)
- Toronto Raptors 119, Philadelphia 76ers 107 (Box Score)
- Memphis Grizzlies 108, Minnesota Timberwolves 106 (Box Score)
- Oklahoma City Thunder 132, Orlando Magic 122 (Box Score)
- Miami Heat 118, Portland Trail Blazers 108 (Box Score)
NBA schedule for Wednesday, Feb. 6
*All times Eastern
- Denver Nuggets at Brooklyn Nets, 7:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
- Washington Wizards at Milwaukee Bucks, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: ESPN
- New Orleans Pelicans at Chicago Bulls, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
- Charlotte Hornets at Dallas Mavericks, 8:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
- Phoenix Suns at Utah Jazz, 9 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
- Houston Rockets at Sacramento Kings, 10 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
- San Antonio Spurs at Golden State Warriors, 10:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on FuboTV with the NBA League Pass extension
LeBron makes history, puts Turner on a poster
LeBron James made some more history on Tuesday night. Late in the second quarter, he reached 32,000 career points, becoming the youngest player to ever reach that milestone, and just the fifth player ever. He did it in style as well, draining a deep 3-pointer. That wasn't all though, as he also drove inside to put Myles Turner on a poster.
Westbrook gets seventh straight triple-double
Russell Westbrook hasn't had the most efficient offensive season, but he's still been as active as ever in other aspects of the game. He's quietly averaging a triple-double yet again, and on Tuesday night against the Magic got his seventh in a row. He made just five shots, going 5-of-14 from the field, but finished with 16 points, 15 rebounds and 16 assists. Most importantly, the Thunder got the win, their eighth in nine tries.
Wade turns back the clock to lead Heat
The Heat snapped a three-game losing streak in impressive fashion on Tuesday night, beating the Trail Blazers in Portland. Leading the way was Dwyane Wade, who turned back the clock with a 22-point, nine-rebound performance.
Harris plays hero for Clippers
Tobias Harris had a huge night for the Clippers, and was a major factor in their big comeback over the Hornets. Down by 20 at one point, the Clippers came roaring back in the fourth quarter, and Harris hit a runner in the lane with just seconds to go to give them the win. Harris finished with 34 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
Brown throws down the windmill
Jaylen Brown got out on the fast break against the Cavaliers, and had plenty of time to show off his athleticism, which he did by throwing down a windmill dunk.
Monk shows off the handles
Malik Monk showed off all of his dribbling skills against the Clippers. First he went between the legs, then moved right into a behind-the-back move to get to the rim.
Sumner beats the buzzer
Ed Sumner has gotten some more playing time following Victor Oladipo's injury, and he put it to good use early against the Lakers. At the end of the first quarter, Sumner buried a 3 to beat the buzzer.
Davis cleared to play, but will not play before deadline
If you were hoping to see Anthony Davis suit up for the New Orleans Pelicans before the trade deadline, you'll be disappointed. Although the All-Star big man has been cleared to return from his finger injury, he will not play on Wednesday versus the Chicago Bulls.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Golden State hosts Indiana in a battle of playoff teams from opposite conferences
A six-game slate highlights the NBA schedule on Thursday
The veteran has been one of the lone bright spots for a Minnesota team that endured plenty...
Also in the notebook: Josh Okogie's defense on James Harden, Giannis Antetounmpo's 3-point...
'Mr. Thunder' on Durant's time in OKC: 'He's meant a ton to Thunder basketball and spent a...
The former National Player of the Year is making his return to the NBA once he receives clearance...