NBA scores, highlights: LeBron James, Lakers crush Hornets; Pistons halt Celtics' winning streak
There was plenty of excitement on Saturday night in the NBA
Up next, the Los Angeles Lakers bounced back from their recent loss to the Rockets by crushing the Hornets by 28 points. Then, the Pistons put a halt to the Celtics' eight-game winning streak, and the Rockets got back to .500 with a win over the Grizzlies.
NBA schedule for Saturday, Dec. 15
*All times Eastern
- Orlando Magic 96, Utah Jazz 89 (Box Score)
- Los Angeles Lakers 128, Charlotte Hornets 100 (Box Score)
- Detroit Pistons 113, Boston Celtics 104 (Box Score)
- Houston Rockets 105, Memphis Grizzlies 97 (Box Score)
- Chicago Bulls 98, San Antonio Spurs 93 (Box Score)
- Oklahoma City Thunder 110, Los Angeles Clippers 104 (Box Score)
- Phoenix Suns 107, Minnesota Timberwolves 99 (Box Score)
NBA schedule for Sunday, Dec. 16
*All times Eastern
- Atlanta Hawks at Brooklyn Nets, 3 p.m. (GameTracker) -- fuboTV (Watch for free with NBA League Pass extension)
- Philadelphia 76ers at Cleveland Cavaliers, 3:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- fuboTV (Watch for free with NBA League Pass extension)
- New York Knicks at Indiana Pacers, 5 p.m. (GameTracker) -- fuboTV (Watch for free with NBA League Pass extension)
- Los Angeles Lakers at Washington Wizards, 6 p.m. (GameTracker) -- fuboTV (Watch for free with NBA League Pass extension)
- Sacramento Kings at Dallas Mavericks, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- fuboTV (Watch for free with NBA League Pass extension)
- Miami Heat at New Orleans Pelicans, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- fuboTV (Watch for free with NBA League Pass extension)
- Toronto Raptors at Denver Nuggets, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- fuboTV (Watch for free with NBA League Pass extension)
LeBron and Lonzo each get triple-doubles
LeBron James and Lonzo Ball made history on Saturday night, as they each recorded triple-doubles in the Lakers' win over the Hornets. LeBron finished with 24 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists, while Ball recorded 16 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. They're the first teammates to record a triple-double in the same game since Jason Kidd and Vince Carter in 2007.
Harden gets another triple-double, Rockets get back to .500
Fresh off a 50-point triple-double in the Rockets' win over the Lakers on Thursday, James Harden followed that up with another triple-double in the Rockets' win over the Grizzlies. Harden finished with 32 points on just 14 shots, and added 12 points and 10 rebounds. This was the third straight win for the Rockets, who are now back to .500 on the season at 14-14.
Griffin and Drummond lead Pistons over Celtics
The Pistons changed two different streaks on Saturday night when they beat the Celtics. First of all, they ended their own six-game losing streak, and in addition they ended the Celtics' eight-game winning streak. Detroit's two stars led the way, as Andre Drummond finished with 19 points and 20 rebounds, while Blake Griffin put up 27 points, eight rebounds and six assists.
Towns gets fancy with his passing
George goes off in Thunder win
Russell Westbrook had a rough shooting night for the Thunder, but they still beat the Clippers thanks to the man they re-signed this summer. Paul George finished with 33 points, seven rebounds and six assists to lead the Thunder past the Clippers.
LeBron and Lonzo rock the rim
LeBron James is one of the most powerful dunkers in the league, and he showed that again against the Hornets. Out on the fastbreak, he rocked the rim with a thunderous one-hand slam. A short time later, Lonzo Ball followed up with an emphatic slam of his own.
George protects the rim
Paul George is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, but he showed he can protect the rim as well. Against the Clippers, he got up for a nice rejection at the rim to start a Thunder fast break.
Augustin beats the halftime buzzer
The first half of the Jazz-Magic contest in Mexico City wasn't the best basketball anyone has ever seen, but at least DJ Augustin ended things in style. Pulling up from way behind the line, he knocked down a 3-pointer to beat the buzzer.
Rondo will miss remainder of Lakers road trip
The Los Angeles Lakers will continue to be without point guard Rajon Rondo for at least the next three games. According to Kyle Goon of the Southern California News Group, Rondo was cleared to resume normal basketball activities, but isn't slated to join the Lakers on the remainder of their three-game road trip. The trip wraps up on Tuesday when the Lakers take on the Brooklyn Nets.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Memphis' leader could be on the move this summer, and it appears he has several potential...
The Raptors and their fans embraced the franchise's first NBA title with a championship parade...
"I'm trying to be the No. 1 pick for the 2020 draft," Ball said
The specifics of the incident are unclear at this time
We're less than a week before the 2019 NBA Draft
The 2019 NBA Draft is set for Thursday, June 20