NBA scores, highlights: Nets beat LeBron, Lakers for sixth straight win; Wizards lose in Trevor Ariza's debut
There were just four games on Tuesday night's schedule, but plenty of excitement
After a wild and crazy Monday night, the NBA schedule slowed down on Tuesday, with just four games. But the excitement didn't stop.
In the first game of the night, the red-hot Indiana Pacers saw their seven-game winning streak stopped in surprising fashion, when Larry Nance Jr. tipped in a Rodney Hood jumper at the buzzer to give the Cleveland Cavaliers the win. The Brooklyn Nets did keep their streak going though, winning their sixth game in a row in thrilling fashion over the Los Angeles Lakers.
Here's everything you need to know about Tuesday's NBA action, along with the schedule for Wednesday.
NBA scores for Tuesday, Dec. 18
- Cleveland Cavaliers 92, Indiana Pacers 91 (Box Score)
- Atlanta Hawks 118, Washington Wizards 110 (Box Score)
- Brooklyn Nets 115, Los Angeles Lakers 110 (Box Score)
- Denver Nuggets 126, Dallas Mavericks 118 (Box Score)
NBA schedule for Wednesday, Dec. 19
*All times Eastern
- Cleveland Cavaliers at Charlotte Hornets, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- San Antonio Spurs at Orlando Magic, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- New York Knicks at Philadelphia 76ers, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- Phoenix Suns at Boston Celtics, 7:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: NBA TV Streaming: fubo TV (try it free)
- Indiana Pacers at Toronto Raptors, 7:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- Washington Wizards at Houston Rockets, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- New Orleans Pelicans at Milwaukee Bucks, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- Brooklyn Nets at Chicago Bulls, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- Detroit Pistons at Minnesota Timberwolves, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- Golden State Warriors at Utah Jazz, 9 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- Memphis Grizzlies at Portland Trail Blazers 10 p.m. (GameTracker) -- (Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension)
- Oklahoma City Thunder at Sacramento Kings, 10 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: NBA TV Streaming: fubo TV (try it free)
Russell leads Nets past Lakers for sixth straight win
D'Angelo Russell got himself some revenge on Tuesday night. The former Laker went for 22 points and 13 assists to help his Nets take down his old team and get their sixth win in a row. The Nets now have the longest winning streak in the league, and are just 1.5 games out of the playoff picture.
Jokic, Murray shine in Nuggets win
The Nuggets continue to rack up wins despite being extremely shorthanded. On Tuesday night, they took down the visiting Mavericks thanks to big nights from Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray. The duo combined for 54 points, 23 rebounds and 19 assists in the win -- the fourth in a row for the Nuggets, and 11th in their last 13 tries.
Nance tips in game-winner for Cavs
Thanks to two missed Victor Oladipo free throws, the Cavs had the chance for an upset win at Indiana in the final possession of the game. Rodney Hood's shot caromed out, but Larry Nance was in the perfect spot, and banked in the tip to give Cleveland the buzzer-beating win. Nance finished with 15 points, 16 rebounds, six assists, three steals and a block.
Ariza plays well, but Wizards lose to Hawks in his debut
LeBron makes shot while falling to the floor
Sometimes you just have to tip your cap. If you figure out how LeBron got this shot to go in as he fell to the floor, please let us know. Thanks.
Allen rises to reject LeBron
Jarrett Allen has shown a lot of promise early in his career, and the hype will only continue to grow if he keeps making plays like this. It's not too often that someone sends LeBron James away at the rim.
Plumlee beats halftime buzzer in style
Mason Plumlee isn't exactly known for his dribbling skills, but he showed them off at the end of the first half against the Mavericks. Driving nearly the entire length of the floor, he went behind-his-back, then dropped in a floater to beat the buzzer.
Kuzma rocks the rim
After Jarrett Allen got the Lakers-Nets matchup off to an exciting start by stoning LeBron James at the rim, Kyle Kuzma continued the entertainment by throwing down an emphatic jam.
Trae beats the buzzer
Trae Young takes a lot of shots most players wouldn't take, and that leads to some highlight-reel plays -- like this one to beat the first-quarter buzzer against the Wizards.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Ball suffered the injury during the Lakers' overtime loss to the Rockets
The NBA offered a 10-game slate on Saturday
The Rockets haven't had CP3 in their lineup since Dec. 20, but have been just fine despite...
Davis suffered the injury in Friday night's game against the Blazers
Fultz hopes to suit up for the Sixers again this season
Los Angeles is getting closer to having two of its best players back in the lineup, but it's...