NBA scores, highlights, results: Jusuf Nurkic suffers gruesome leg injury in Blazers' playoff-clinching win
There are just four games on Monday night
Welcome back to another night of NBA action. Though there are just four games set for Monday night and all of them have serious implications in playoff seeding.
Meanwhile, the Thunder lost to the Grizzlies despite the fact that Memphis was missing franchise star Mike Conley from the lineup. Oklahoma City dropped to seventh in the Western Conference standings in the process.
Later on in the night, Devin Booker erupted for 59 points for the Suns in a loss to the Utah Jazz. It is the second-most points Booker has ever scored, behind his 70-point effort in a loss to the Boston Celtics during the 2016-17 season.
Meanwhile, the Blazers outlasted the Nets in double overtime to clinch a playoff spot. Jusuf Nurkic led the way with 32 points and 16 rebounds. However, Nurkic exited the game with a gruesome leg injury during the second overtime.
Here's everything you need to know about the night's NBA action.
NBA schedule for Monday, March 25
- Orlando Magic 119, Philadelphia 76ers 98 (Box Score)
- Memphis Grizzlies 115, Oklahoma City Thunder 103 (Box Score)
- Utah Jazz 125, Phoenix Suns 92 (Box Score)
- Portland Trail Blazers 148, Brooklyn Nets 144, Double OT (Box Score)
NBA schedule for Tuesday, March 26
*All times Eastern
- Boston Celtics at Cleveland Cavaliers, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- San Antonio Spurs at Charlotte Hornets, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Chicago Bulls at Toronto Raptors, 7:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Orlando Magic at Miami Heat, 7:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Atlanta Hawks at New Orleans Pelicans, 8:00 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: TNT
- Houston Rockets at Milwaukee Bucks, 8:00 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Los Angeles Clippers at Minnesota Timberwolves, 8:00 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Sacramento Kings at Dallas Mavericks, 8:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Detroit Pistons at Denver Nuggets, 9:00 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Washington Wizards at Los Angeles Lakers, 10:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: TNT
Blazers outlast Nets in double OT; Nurkic exits with gruesome leg injury
The Blazers outlasted the Nets in double-overtime, but the game did not end quietly. Jusuf Nurkic, who led the way with 32 points and 16 rebounds, exited the game during the second overtime with a gruesome leg injury. We won't be posting the video of the actual injury here, but the injury was so bad that the big man was carted off on a stretcher.
Caboclo leads short-handed Grizz over Thunder
If you would have guessed that Bruno Caboclo would be the MVP of tonight's Thunder-Jazz game, you probably would have been the only one. But that was exactly the case as Memphis upset Oklahoma City. Caboclo posted 24 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Grizzlies.
Booker scores 59 points in losing effort to Jazz
The Suns may be terrible, but man, Devin Booker can score. As mentioned earlier, the young shooting guard scored 59 points in a losing effort to the Jazz. He did so on an efficient 19-of-34 from the field, 5-of-8 from three-point range and a near-perfect 16-of-17 from the free-throw line.
Jimmer receives standing ovation in return to Utah
The state of Utah can't get enough of "Jimmer Time." Jimmer Fredette made his return on Monday night and the BYU product received a standing ovation from the Jazz home crowd as he entered the game for the first time.
Vucevic leads Magic to big win
The Magic continued their playoff push with a big win over the 76ers. Winning their fifth game in a row, the Magic are now just half a game behind the Heat for the eighth spot in the East. Leading the way on Monday night was their big man, Nikola Vucevic, who finished with 28 points, 11 rebounds and four assists.
Carter drops it behind his head
Smith scores first NBA points
Sixers rookie Zhaire Smith had a rough go of things for most of the season, as he dealt with myriad health problems. He's healthy now though, and made his NBA debut against the Magic.
Boban overpowers Vucevic, also dunks over him
And in keeping with the trend, Embiid wasn't the only Sixer to dunk all over Vucevic. Boban also got in on the action as the 7-foot-3 big man made the Magic big man feel really small with this dunk.
Embiid overpowers Vucevic, dunks all over him
Both of these guys are All-Stars, but only one of them had the last laugh on this sequence. Check out this dunk by Joel Embiid over Nikola Vucevic.
Magic continue playoff hunt
The Magic haven't been to the playoffs since 2012, and they're giving it all they've got to end that streak this season. Currently on a four-game winning streak, they've pulled to within one game of the Heat for the eighth spot in the East. Those four wins have come against the likes of the Cavaliers, Hawks, Pelicans and Grizzlies though, and they'll face much tougher competition on Monday when they host the 76ers. If they can figure out a way to get this win and extend their winning streak to five games, it will give them a big boost towards their playoff hopes.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories - yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
A look at Monty Williams, David Vanterpool, Tyronn Lue and a host of other coaching candid...
The league is taking the next step in the Luke Walton situation
The visiting Nuggets will look to send the Spurs packing on their own home court
Our CBS Sports NBA experts predicted the winner of every playoff round, all the way through...
The Nuggets can close out the Spurs on Thursday night in Game 6
Lou Williams is a beast, and the Warriors' defense is a serious concern