NBA trade deadline news and rumors
Here is the latest news about the NBA trade deadline, which hits Thursday at 3 p.m. ET.
Here is the latest news about the NBA trade deadline, which hits Thursday at 3 p.m. ET:
There are reports that the Houston Rockets are interested in acquiring Boston Celtics' point guard Rajon Rondo, even if that seems a little far-fetched.
Marc Stein of ESPN.com says the Cleveland Cavaliers have emerged as a suitor for Jordan Hill of the Los Angeles Lakers. Hill has been targeted by the Nets during the lead-up to the deadline.
Hearing now that Cavs have strongly emerged as team trying to trump BKN and acquire Jordan Hill from Lakers. Looks like Cavs & Nets for Hill— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) February 19, 2014
The Nets-Kings deal for Marcus Thronton, Reggie Evans and Jason Terry is done.
Yahoo reports the Kings could also move Jimmer.
Active Kings might not be done. Keep an eye on Kings guard Jimmer Fredette, who had 24 points at the Knicks last week, sources said.— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) February 19, 2014
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com says the talks between the Wolves and Grizzlies regarding the reported JJ Barea and Chase Budinger for Tayshaun Prince and Tony Allen are being described as "dead."
One person involved in Memphis-Minnesota talks describes them as "dead." Others are holding out hope it can be revived.— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) February 19, 2014
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com notes that the Charlotte Bobcats never got far with Evan Turner trade talks and now may have to rely on Gary Neal as the trade target.
The Bobcats' pursuit of Evan Turner never got very far, source says. All Charlotte has going now is potential deal for Bucks' Gary Neal.— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) February 19, 2014
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com confirms the Nets and Kings have almost completed a deal of Jason Terry and Reggie Evans for Marcus Thornton.
The Nets and Kings are on the verge of completing the Marcus Thornton for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans deal, sources confirm.— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) February 19, 2014
- Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal says a deal between the Sacramento Kings and the Brooklyn Nets is almost done.
Kings-Nets deal involving Jason Terry and Marcus Thornton nearing completion, per league source. #Cavs had been linked to both players— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) February 19, 2014
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com confirms reports that Luol Deng is available due to concerns he'll bolt in free agency.
In Cleveland, concern is so high that Luol Deng won't re-sign that the Cavs have made him available to several teams, sources confirm.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) February 19, 2014
- Ken Berger of CBSSports says a potential deal between the Memphis Grizzlies and Minnesota Timberwolves is gaining momentum.
- Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports says Memphis is resisting the trade for now.
Minnesota firm that it wants Tony Allen to join Tayshaun Prince in Budinger-Barea deal, but Memphis resisting - for now, sources tell Yahoo.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2014
- Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks both have their sights set on acquiring Kevin Love of the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- New Orleans Pelicans granted $4 million Disabled Player Exception that can be used in a trade before the deadline.
- Cleveland Cavaliers are shopping Luol Deng just a month after trading three picks for him. They're worried he may not re-sign in free agency.
- The Sacramento Kings aren't shopping Isaiah Thomas but he can be had for the right price. It's possible the Kings want to avoid matching a big offer sheet in free agency if they get good value for him now.
- All of Tuesday's trade buzz.
Kevin Garnett has no interest in working with Glen Taylor, but he'd gladly buy the Timberwolves...
LaVar Ball formed a pop up shop in New York to sell Big Baller Brand merchandise. The results...
The Cavaliers players took a stand against bullying on social media
The Rockets are gunning for their 10th consecutive win
Victor Oladipo just wants to live his life and enjoy his breakout season with his new team
Keep it right here for all of the news, notes, scores, and highlights from around the Asso...