Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Boston Celtics and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Brooklyn Nets 97-71.
If the contest were over at this point, it would be the Nets' worst margin of defeat yet this year.
Boston @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Boston 30-25; Brooklyn 29-24
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets will be returning home after a five-game road trip. Brooklyn and the Boston Celtics will face off in an Atlantic Division battle at 7:30 p.m. ET Tuesday at Barclays Center. Boston will be strutting in after a win while the Nets will be stumbling in from a loss.
Brooklyn's and the Denver Nuggets' contest on Sunday was up for grabs at halftime, but Brooklyn was thoroughly outmatched 48-29 in the second half. Brooklyn ended up on the wrong side of a painful 124-104 walloping at the Nuggets' hands. A silver lining for Brooklyn was the play of point guard Kyrie Irving, who dropped a double-double on 27 points and 11 assists in addition to five rebounds.
A well-balanced attack led the Celtics over the Orlando Magic every single quarter on their way to victory on Sunday. Boston was fully in charge, breezing past Orlando 116-83 on the road. Shooting guard Jaylen Brown and power forward Al Horford were among the main playmakers for Boston as the former had 26 points along with five boards and the latter posted a double-double on 13 points and 11 boards in addition to five dimes. That makes it three consecutive games in which Horford has had at least ten rebounds.
Brooklyn is expected to lose this next one by 9.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past four games, so buyers beware.
The Nets didn't have too much trouble with the Celtics on the road in the teams' previous meeting last November as they won 123-104. Will Brooklyn repeat their success, or does Boston have a better game plan this time around? We'll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $34.00
The Celtics are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Nets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Celtics as a 5.5-point favorite.
Boston have won 15 out of their last 29 games against Brooklyn.
- Nov 24, 2021 - Brooklyn 123 vs. Boston 104
- Jun 01, 2021 - Brooklyn 123 vs. Boston 109
- May 30, 2021 - Brooklyn 141 vs. Boston 126
- May 28, 2021 - Boston 125 vs. Brooklyn 119
- May 25, 2021 - Brooklyn 130 vs. Boston 108
- May 22, 2021 - Brooklyn 104 vs. Boston 93
- Apr 23, 2021 - Brooklyn 109 vs. Boston 104
- Mar 11, 2021 - Brooklyn 121 vs. Boston 109
- Dec 25, 2020 - Brooklyn 123 vs. Boston 95
- Aug 05, 2020 - Boston 149 vs. Brooklyn 115
- Mar 03, 2020 - Brooklyn 129 vs. Boston 120
- Nov 29, 2019 - Brooklyn 112 vs. Boston 107
- Nov 27, 2019 - Boston 121 vs. Brooklyn 110
- Mar 30, 2019 - Brooklyn 110 vs. Boston 96
- Jan 28, 2019 - Boston 112 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Jan 14, 2019 - Brooklyn 109 vs. Boston 102
- Jan 07, 2019 - Boston 116 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Apr 11, 2018 - Boston 110 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Jan 06, 2018 - Boston 87 vs. Brooklyn 85
- Dec 31, 2017 - Boston 108 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Nov 14, 2017 - Boston 109 vs. Brooklyn 102
- Apr 10, 2017 - Boston 114 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Mar 17, 2017 - Boston 98 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Nov 23, 2016 - Boston 111 vs. Brooklyn 92
- Oct 26, 2016 - Boston 122 vs. Brooklyn 117
- Jan 04, 2016 - Boston 103 vs. Brooklyn 94
- Jan 02, 2016 - Brooklyn 100 vs. Boston 97
- Nov 22, 2015 - Brooklyn 111 vs. Boston 101
- Nov 20, 2015 - Boston 120 vs. Brooklyn 95
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Ankle)
- Paul Millsap: Out (Personal)
- James Harden: Out (Hamstring)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Nicolas Claxton: Out (Hamstring)
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)
- Kevin Durant: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Boston
- Bol Bol: Out (Foot)
- PJ Dozier: Out for the Season (Knee)