Through 3 Quarters
We've seen some fireworks three quarters in as the Indiana Pacers and the Cleveland Cavaliers have combined for 188 points. Indiana has emerged as the frontrunner and is ahead of Cleveland 98-90.
The Pacers have been led by small forward Oshae Brissett, who so far has dropped a double-double on 18 points and ten rebounds in addition to two blocks. Center Jarrett Allen has led the way so far for the Cavaliers, as he has posted a double-double on 20 points and 11 boards. This makes it four consecutive games in which Allen has had at least 11 rebounds.
Cleveland has lost 71% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Cleveland @ Indiana
Current Records: Cleveland 34-21; Indiana 19-37
What to Know
The Indiana Pacers will be returning home after a two-game road trip. They will take on the Cleveland Cavaliers at 7 p.m. ET Friday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse after having had a few days off. Cleveland will be strutting in after a win while the Pacers will be stumbling in from a loss.
Indiana suffered a grim 133-112 defeat to the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday. Indiana was in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 76-50. One thing holding Indiana back was the mediocre play of point guard Keifer Sykes, who did not have his best game: he finished with ten points on 4-for-12 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Cleveland strolled past the San Antonio Spurs with points to spare on Wednesday, taking the contest 105-92. It was another big night for the Cavaliers' point guard Darius Garland, who had 27 points and six assists along with five boards.
The Pacers are expected to lose this next one by 6.5. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in their past four games.
Indiana is now 19-37 while Cleveland sits at 34-21. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Indiana is stumbling into the game with the fourth most fouls per game in the league, having accrued 20.4 on average. To make matters even worse for Indiana, Cleveland ranks first in the league when it comes to fouls per game, with only 16.9 on average. Keep an eye on whether or not foul trouble puts the Pacers in a difficult position.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse -- Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest - Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.00
The Cavaliers are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cavaliers as a 5.5-point favorite.
Cleveland have won 19 out of their last 35 games against Indiana.
- Feb 06, 2022 - Cleveland 98 vs. Indiana 85
- Jan 02, 2022 - Cleveland 108 vs. Indiana 104
- May 10, 2021 - Indiana 111 vs. Cleveland 102
- Mar 03, 2021 - Indiana 114 vs. Cleveland 111
- Dec 31, 2020 - Indiana 119 vs. Cleveland 99
- Feb 29, 2020 - Indiana 113 vs. Cleveland 104
- Nov 01, 2019 - Indiana 102 vs. Cleveland 95
- Oct 26, 2019 - Cleveland 110 vs. Indiana 99
- Feb 09, 2019 - Indiana 105 vs. Cleveland 90
- Jan 08, 2019 - Indiana 123 vs. Cleveland 115
- Dec 18, 2018 - Cleveland 92 vs. Indiana 91
- Oct 27, 2018 - Indiana 119 vs. Cleveland 107
- Apr 29, 2018 - Cleveland 105 vs. Indiana 101
- Apr 27, 2018 - Indiana 121 vs. Cleveland 87
- Apr 25, 2018 - Cleveland 98 vs. Indiana 95
- Apr 22, 2018 - Cleveland 104 vs. Indiana 100
- Apr 20, 2018 - Indiana 92 vs. Cleveland 90
- Apr 18, 2018 - Cleveland 100 vs. Indiana 97
- Apr 15, 2018 - Indiana 98 vs. Cleveland 80
- Jan 26, 2018 - Cleveland 115 vs. Indiana 108
- Jan 12, 2018 - Indiana 97 vs. Cleveland 95
- Dec 08, 2017 - Indiana 106 vs. Cleveland 102
- Nov 01, 2017 - Indiana 124 vs. Cleveland 107
- Apr 23, 2017 - Cleveland 106 vs. Indiana 102
- Apr 20, 2017 - Cleveland 119 vs. Indiana 114
- Apr 17, 2017 - Cleveland 117 vs. Indiana 111
- Apr 15, 2017 - Cleveland 109 vs. Indiana 108
- Apr 02, 2017 - Cleveland 135 vs. Indiana 130
- Feb 15, 2017 - Cleveland 113 vs. Indiana 104
- Feb 08, 2017 - Cleveland 132 vs. Indiana 117
- Nov 16, 2016 - Indiana 103 vs. Cleveland 93
- Apr 06, 2016 - Indiana 123 vs. Cleveland 109
- Feb 29, 2016 - Cleveland 100 vs. Indiana 96
- Feb 01, 2016 - Cleveland 111 vs. Indiana 106
- Nov 08, 2015 - Cleveland 101 vs. Indiana 97
Injury Report for Indiana
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Achilles)
- Terry Taylor: Out (Illness)
- Myles Turner: Out (Foot)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Lauri Markkanen: Out (Ankle)
- Darius Garland: Out (Back)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)