Atlanta @ Indiana
Current Records: Atlanta 37-30; Indiana 30-35
What to Know
The Atlanta Hawks have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. They and the Indiana Pacers will face off at 8 p.m. ET May 6 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. The Hawks will be strutting in after a win while Indiana will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Atlanta's contest against the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday was close at halftime, but Atlanta turned on the heat in the second half with 68 points. Atlanta put a hurting on Phoenix at home to the tune of 135-103. Atlanta's success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but center Clint Capela led the charge as he posted a double-double on 18 points and ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, the Pacers received a tough blow on Wednesday as they fell 104-93 to the Sacramento Kings. Despite the loss, Indiana got a solid performance out of power forward Domantas Sabonis, who almost dropped a triple-double on 17 points, 13 boards, and eight dimes. That makes it 14 consecutive games in which Sabonis has had at least ten rebounds.
Atlanta is the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
Atlanta had enough points to win and then some against Indiana in the teams' previous meeting last month, taking their matchup 129-117. The rematch might be a little tougher for the Hawks since the team won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse -- Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest - Indiana
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Hawks are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 5-point favorite.
Indiana have won 14 out of their last 20 games against Atlanta.
- Apr 18, 2021 - Atlanta 129 vs. Indiana 117
- Feb 13, 2021 - Indiana 125 vs. Atlanta 113
- Jan 04, 2020 - Atlanta 116 vs. Indiana 111
- Dec 13, 2019 - Indiana 110 vs. Atlanta 100
- Nov 29, 2019 - Indiana 105 vs. Atlanta 104
- Apr 10, 2019 - Indiana 135 vs. Atlanta 134
- Dec 31, 2018 - Indiana 116 vs. Atlanta 108
- Dec 26, 2018 - Indiana 129 vs. Atlanta 121
- Nov 17, 2018 - Indiana 97 vs. Atlanta 89
- Mar 09, 2018 - Indiana 112 vs. Atlanta 87
- Feb 28, 2018 - Atlanta 107 vs. Indiana 102
- Feb 23, 2018 - Indiana 116 vs. Atlanta 93
- Dec 20, 2017 - Indiana 105 vs. Atlanta 95
- Apr 12, 2017 - Indiana 104 vs. Atlanta 86
- Mar 05, 2017 - Indiana 97 vs. Atlanta 96
- Nov 23, 2016 - Atlanta 96 vs. Indiana 85
- Mar 13, 2016 - Atlanta 104 vs. Indiana 75
- Feb 05, 2016 - Atlanta 102 vs. Indiana 96
- Jan 28, 2016 - Indiana 111 vs. Atlanta 92
- Dec 28, 2015 - Indiana 93 vs. Atlanta 87