Washington @ Indiana
Current Records: Washington 31-36; Indiana 31-35
What to Know
This Saturday, the Washington Wizards are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 118.48 points per matchup. They are on the road again Saturday and play against the Indiana Pacers at 7 p.m. ET May 8 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Washington knows how to get points on the board -- the team has finished with flashy point totals in its past five matchups -- so hopefully Indiana likes a good challenge.
It may have taken overtime to finish the job, but the Wizards ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Thursday with a 131-129 win over the Toronto Raptors. Kudos to the oddsmakers for accurately forecasting both the winner and the close margin. Among those leading the charge for Washington was center Robin Lopez, who had 24 points along with seven boards and three blocks.
Meanwhile, Indiana beat the Atlanta Hawks 133-126 on Thursday. Shooting guard Caris LeVert and power forward Domantas Sabonis were among the main playmakers for Indiana as the former dropped a double-double on 31 points and 12 dimes in addition to three blocks and the latter had 30 points and nine assists along with eight rebounds. LeVert had some trouble finding his footing against the Sacramento Kings on Wednesday, so this was a step in the right direction.
Their wins bumped the Wizards to 31-36 and the Pacers to 31-35. Given their high-scoring efforts against their previous opponents, it will be interesting to see how far up these teams can run up the score.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse -- Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Wizards are a 3.5-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wizards as a 3-point favorite.
Indiana and Washington both have nine wins in their last 18 games.
- May 03, 2021 - Washington 154 vs. Indiana 141
- Mar 29, 2021 - Washington 132 vs. Indiana 124
- Aug 03, 2020 - Indiana 111 vs. Washington 100
- Nov 06, 2019 - Indiana 121 vs. Washington 106
- Feb 23, 2019 - Indiana 119 vs. Washington 112
- Jan 30, 2019 - Washington 107 vs. Indiana 89
- Dec 23, 2018 - Indiana 105 vs. Washington 89
- Dec 10, 2018 - Indiana 109 vs. Washington 101
- Mar 17, 2018 - Washington 109 vs. Indiana 102
- Mar 04, 2018 - Indiana 98 vs. Washington 95
- Feb 05, 2018 - Washington 111 vs. Indiana 102
- Feb 16, 2017 - Washington 111 vs. Indiana 98
- Feb 10, 2017 - Washington 112 vs. Indiana 107
- Dec 28, 2016 - Washington 111 vs. Indiana 105
- Dec 19, 2016 - Indiana 107 vs. Washington 105
- Mar 05, 2016 - Indiana 100 vs. Washington 99
- Jan 15, 2016 - Washington 118 vs. Indiana 104
- Nov 24, 2015 - Indiana 123 vs. Washington 106