Chicago @ New Orleans
Current Records: Chicago 42-30; New Orleans 30-42
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans haven't won a game against the Chicago Bulls since Feb. 6 of 2020, but they'll be looking to end the drought Thursday. The Pelicans will take on Chicago at 8 p.m. ET at Smoothie King Center after having had a few days off. The neutral point spread forecasts a close one for these two.
New Orleans was close but no cigar on Monday as they fell 106-103 to the Charlotte Hornets. A silver lining for New Orleans was the play of center Jonas Valanciunas, who posted a double-double on 24 points and 18 boards in addition to five assists. That makes it five consecutive games in which Valanciunas has had at least ten rebounds.
Meanwhile, Chicago has to be aching after a bruising 126-98 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday. Chicago was down 91-69 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Despite the defeat, they had strong showings from center Nikola Vucevic, who had 22 points along with seven rebounds, and shooting guard Zach LaVine, who had 21 points and seven assists.
The Pelicans ended up a good deal behind the Bulls when they played in the teams' previous meeting last October, losing 128-112. Maybe New Orleans will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports - New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.77
The Bulls are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Chicago have won seven out of their last 13 games against New Orleans.
- Oct 22, 2021 - Chicago 128 vs. New Orleans 112
- Mar 03, 2021 - Chicago 128 vs. New Orleans 124
- Feb 10, 2021 - Chicago 129 vs. New Orleans 116
- Feb 06, 2020 - New Orleans 125 vs. Chicago 119
- Jan 08, 2020 - New Orleans 123 vs. Chicago 108
- Feb 06, 2019 - New Orleans 125 vs. Chicago 120
- Nov 07, 2018 - New Orleans 107 vs. Chicago 98
- Jan 22, 2018 - New Orleans 132 vs. Chicago 128
- Nov 04, 2017 - New Orleans 96 vs. Chicago 90
- Apr 02, 2017 - Chicago 117 vs. New Orleans 110
- Jan 14, 2017 - Chicago 107 vs. New Orleans 99
- Apr 11, 2016 - Chicago 121 vs. New Orleans 116
- Dec 12, 2015 - Chicago 98 vs. New Orleans 94