Chicago @ New Orleans
Current Records: Chicago 15-18; New Orleans 15-19
What to Know
This Wednesday, the New Orleans Pelicans are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 115.91 points per contest. They will play host again and welcome the Chicago Bulls to Smoothie King Center, where tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday. New Orleans is out to keep their three-game home win streak alive.
Even if it wasn't a dominant performance, the Pelicans beat the Utah Jazz 129-124 on Monday. Point guard Lonzo Ball was the offensive standout of the game for New Orleans, picking up 23 points and eight assists in addition to seven boards.
Meanwhile, Chicago was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Monday as they fell 118-112 to the Denver Nuggets. The top scorer for Chicago was shooting guard Zach LaVine (23 points).
New Orleans is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 5-12 against the spread when favored.
The Pelicans ended up a good deal behind the Bulls when they played in the teams' previous meeting last month, losing 129-116. Maybe New Orleans will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Fox Sports - New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Pelicans are a solid 6-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Pelicans, as the game opened with the Pelicans as a 4.5-point favorite.
New Orleans have won six out of their last 11 games against Chicago.
- Feb 10, 2021 - Chicago 129 vs. New Orleans 116
- Feb 06, 2020 - New Orleans 125 vs. Chicago 119
- Jan 08, 2020 - New Orleans 123 vs. Chicago 108
- Feb 06, 2019 - New Orleans 125 vs. Chicago 120
- Nov 07, 2018 - New Orleans 107 vs. Chicago 98
- Jan 22, 2018 - New Orleans 132 vs. Chicago 128
- Nov 04, 2017 - New Orleans 96 vs. Chicago 90
- Apr 02, 2017 - Chicago 117 vs. New Orleans 110
- Jan 14, 2017 - Chicago 107 vs. New Orleans 99
- Apr 11, 2016 - Chicago 121 vs. New Orleans 116
- Dec 12, 2015 - Chicago 98 vs. New Orleans 94
Injury Report for New OrleansNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Chicago
- Otto Porter Jr.: Out (Back)
- Luke Kornet: Out (Personal)
- Lauri Markkanen: Out (Shoulder)
- Chandler Hutchison: Out (Lower Leg)