Brooklyn @ New Orleans
Current Records: Brooklyn 38-19; New Orleans 25-32
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans haven't won a contest against the Brooklyn Nets since Oct. 26 of 2018, but they'll be looking to end the drought Tuesday. They will face off against one another at 7:30 p.m. ET at Smoothie King Center. Allowing an average of 115.09 points per game, the Pelicans have been asleep on the defensive side of the ball and will need to wake up before the matchup.
New Orleans fought the good fight in their overtime game against the New York Knicks on Sunday but wound up with a less-than-desirable result, falling 122-112. The losing side was boosted by power forward Zion Williamson, who had 34 points and five assists along with nine boards.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn lost 109-107 to the Miami Heat on Sunday on a last-minute jumper from Miami's Bam Adebayo as the clock expired. Shooting guard Landry Shamet put forth a good effort for the losing side as he shot 7-for-12 from downtown and finished with 30 points.
Barring any buzzer beaters, New Orleans is expected to win a tight contest. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in their past three games.
New Orleans suffered a grim 139-111 defeat to the Nets in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month. Maybe the Pelicans will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Pelicans are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Nets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pelicans as a 2-point favorite.
New Orleans have won six out of their last 11 games against Brooklyn.
- Apr 07, 2021 - Brooklyn 139 vs. New Orleans 111
- Dec 17, 2019 - Brooklyn 108 vs. New Orleans 101
- Nov 04, 2019 - Brooklyn 135 vs. New Orleans 125
- Jan 02, 2019 - Brooklyn 126 vs. New Orleans 121
- Oct 26, 2018 - New Orleans 117 vs. Brooklyn 115
- Feb 10, 2018 - New Orleans 138 vs. Brooklyn 128
- Dec 27, 2017 - New Orleans 128 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 20, 2017 - Brooklyn 143 vs. New Orleans 114
- Jan 12, 2017 - New Orleans 104 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Apr 03, 2016 - New Orleans 106 vs. Brooklyn 87
- Jan 30, 2016 - New Orleans 105 vs. Brooklyn 103