Orlando @ Detroit
Current Records: Orlando 20-44; Detroit 19-45
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons will look to defend their home court Monday against the Orlando Magic at 7 p.m. ET. Orlando will be strutting in after a win while the Pistons will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The contest between Detroit and the Charlotte Hornets this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with Detroit falling 107-94 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Shooting guard Josh Jackson had a rough night: he played for 34 minutes but put up just five points on 2-for-10 shooting.
Meanwhile, Orlando escaped with a win this past Saturday against the Memphis Grizzlies by the margin of a single free throw, 112-111. The victory came about thanks to a strong surge after the half to overcome a 60-46 deficit. Point guard Cole Anthony (26 points) and center Moe Wagner (24 points) were the top scorers for Orlando. Moe Wagner's performance made up for a slower matchup against Memphis this past Friday.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Pistons are expected to win a tight contest. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Detroit is now 19-45 while Orlando sits at 20-44. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Detroit is fifth worst in the league in fouls per game, with 20.7 on average. To make matters even worse for Detroit, the Magic come into the game boasting the fewest fouls per game in the league at 17. Keep an eye on whether or not foul trouble puts the Pistons in a difficult position.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Little Caesars Arena -- Detroit, Michigan
- TV: Bally Sports - Detroit
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Pistons are a slight 2-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Pistons as a 1.5-point favorite.
Detroit have won ten out of their last 18 games against Orlando.
- Feb 23, 2021 - Detroit 105 vs. Orlando 93
- Feb 21, 2021 - Orlando 105 vs. Detroit 96
- Feb 12, 2020 - Orlando 116 vs. Detroit 112
- Nov 25, 2019 - Detroit 103 vs. Orlando 88
- Mar 28, 2019 - Detroit 115 vs. Orlando 98
- Jan 16, 2019 - Detroit 120 vs. Orlando 115
- Dec 30, 2018 - Orlando 109 vs. Detroit 107
- Nov 07, 2018 - Detroit 103 vs. Orlando 96
- Mar 02, 2018 - Orlando 115 vs. Detroit 106
- Dec 28, 2017 - Orlando 102 vs. Detroit 89
- Dec 17, 2017 - Detroit 114 vs. Orlando 110
- Apr 12, 2017 - Orlando 113 vs. Detroit 109
- Mar 24, 2017 - Orlando 115 vs. Detroit 87
- Dec 04, 2016 - Orlando 98 vs. Detroit 92
- Oct 28, 2016 - Detroit 108 vs. Orlando 82
- Apr 06, 2016 - Detroit 108 vs. Orlando 104
- Mar 23, 2016 - Detroit 118 vs. Orlando 102
- Jan 04, 2016 - Detroit 115 vs. Orlando 89