Through 3 Quarters
Down three at the end of last quarter, the Orlando Magic have now snagged the lead. It's anybody's game after three quarters, but Orlando is ahead of the Toronto Raptors 78-77.
The Magic have been relying on center Mo Bamba, who has dropped a double-double on 14 points and 13 boards along with five dimes, and point guard Cole Anthony, who has 16 points in addition to four rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Franz Wagner's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Toronto has been relying on the performance of shooting guard Scottie Barnes, who has 19 points along with nine boards.
Orlando's lead doesn't mean much since they have only won 0% games in which they are up at the end of the third quarter. We'll see how things play out.
Orlando @ Toronto
Current Records: Orlando 1-4; Toronto 2-3
What to Know
The Toronto Raptors are 20-6 against the Orlando Magic since November of 2015, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Friday. Toronto's homestand continues as they prepare to take on Orlando at 7 p.m. ET Oct. 29 at Scotiabank Arena. The Raptors have a defense that allows only 99 points per game, so the Magic's offense will have their work cut out for them.
You can't lose the contest if you win every quarter, and that was precisely Toronto's strategy against the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday. Toronto strolled past Indiana with points to spare, taking the matchup 118-100. Toronto's success was spearheaded by the efforts of shooting guard Fred VanVleet, who shot 6-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with a double-double on 26 points and ten rebounds in addition to six assists, and small forward OG Anunoby, who had 25 points along with five steals.
Meanwhile, Orlando came up short against the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday, falling 120-111. Point guard Jalen Suggs had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only eight points on 3-for-11 shooting and turning the ball over four times in his 35 minutes on the court.
Toronto is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8-point margin of victory. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Wednesday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the squad has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
Toronto's win lifted them to 2-3 while Orlando's defeat dropped them down to 1-4. Allowing an average of 115 points per game, Orlando hasn't exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We'll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming game.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Scotiabank Arena -- Toronto, Ontario
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $26.00
The Raptors are a big 8-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8-point spread, and stayed right there.
Toronto have won 20 out of their last 26 games against Orlando.
- Apr 16, 2021 - Toronto 113 vs. Orlando 102
- Feb 02, 2021 - Toronto 123 vs. Orlando 108
- Jan 31, 2021 - Toronto 115 vs. Orlando 102
- Aug 05, 2020 - Toronto 109 vs. Orlando 99
- Nov 29, 2019 - Toronto 90 vs. Orlando 83
- Nov 20, 2019 - Toronto 113 vs. Orlando 97
- Oct 28, 2019 - Toronto 104 vs. Orlando 95
- Apr 23, 2019 - Toronto 115 vs. Orlando 96
- Apr 21, 2019 - Toronto 107 vs. Orlando 85
- Apr 19, 2019 - Toronto 98 vs. Orlando 93
- Apr 16, 2019 - Toronto 111 vs. Orlando 82
- Apr 13, 2019 - Orlando 104 vs. Toronto 101
- Apr 01, 2019 - Toronto 121 vs. Orlando 109
- Feb 24, 2019 - Orlando 113 vs. Toronto 98
- Dec 28, 2018 - Orlando 116 vs. Toronto 87
- Nov 20, 2018 - Toronto 93 vs. Orlando 91
- Apr 08, 2018 - Toronto 112 vs. Orlando 101
- Mar 20, 2018 - Toronto 93 vs. Orlando 86
- Feb 28, 2018 - Toronto 117 vs. Orlando 104
- Mar 27, 2017 - Toronto 131 vs. Orlando 112
- Feb 03, 2017 - Orlando 102 vs. Toronto 94
- Jan 29, 2017 - Orlando 114 vs. Toronto 113
- Dec 18, 2016 - Toronto 109 vs. Orlando 79
- Mar 20, 2016 - Toronto 105 vs. Orlando 100
- Jan 14, 2016 - Toronto 106 vs. Orlando 103
- Nov 06, 2015 - Orlando 92 vs. Toronto 87
Injury Report for Toronto
- Yuta Watanabe: Out (Calf)
- Pascal Siakam: Out (Shoulder)
Injury Report for Orlando
- E'Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Chuma Okeke: Out (Hip)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)