Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Boston Celtics and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Houston Rockets 89-72.
Small forward Jayson Tatum has led the way so far for Boston, as he has 26 points in addition to eight rebounds. Houston has been led by shooting guard Jalen Green, who so far has shot 6-for-7 from beyond the arc and has recorded 20 points and four boards.
Boston @ Houston
Current Records: Boston 0-2; Houston 1-1
What to Know
The Houston Rockets head home again Sunday, but with the point spread against them by 5.5 points, it might not be quite the welcoming they would prefer. They will take on the Boston Celtics at 7 p.m. ET at Toyota Center. Houston should still be riding high after a win, while Boston will be looking to right the ship.
You can't lose the game if you win every quarter, and that was precisely the Rockets' strategy against the Oklahoma City Thunder this past Friday. Houston claimed a resounding 124-91 victory over Oklahoma City at home. With Houston ahead 69-47 at the half, the matchup was all but over already. Houston's power forward Christian Wood was one of the most active players for the squad, dropping a double-double on 29 points and 14 rebounds along with three blocks.
Meanwhile, the Celtics' and the Toronto Raptors' contest this past Friday was up for grabs at halftime, but Boston was thoroughly outmatched 64-36 in the second half. Boston took a serious blow against Toronto, falling 115-83. Boston was down 84-64 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Small forward Jaylen Brown wasn't much of a difference maker for Boston; Brown finished with only nine points on 3-for-13 shooting and turned the ball over five times in his 28 minutes on the court.
The Rockets ended up a good deal behind Boston when they played when the two teams previously met in April, losing 118-102. Maybe Houston will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Toyota Center -- Houston, Texas
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.19
The Celtics are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Houston have won seven out of their last 12 games against Boston.
- Apr 02, 2021 - Boston 118 vs. Houston 102
- Mar 14, 2021 - Boston 134 vs. Houston 107
- Feb 29, 2020 - Houston 111 vs. Boston 110
- Feb 11, 2020 - Houston 116 vs. Boston 105
- Mar 03, 2019 - Houston 115 vs. Boston 104
- Dec 27, 2018 - Houston 127 vs. Boston 113
- Mar 03, 2018 - Houston 123 vs. Boston 120
- Dec 28, 2017 - Boston 99 vs. Houston 98
- Jan 25, 2017 - Boston 120 vs. Houston 109
- Dec 05, 2016 - Houston 107 vs. Boston 106
- Mar 11, 2016 - Houston 102 vs. Boston 98
- Nov 16, 2015 - Boston 111 vs. Houston 95
Injury Report for Houston
- John Wall: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Boston
- Jaylen Brown: Out (Knee)
- Romeo Langford: Out (Calf)