Through 1 Quarter
The San Antonio Spurs are on the road but looking no worse for wear. They have jumped out to a quick 31-23 lead against the Houston Rockets. Nobody has stood out from the pack for the Spurs offensively yet.
Both San Antonio and Houston padded the win column in their previous outings. We'll see if San Antonio can maintain their lead to polish off another win and cancel out Houston's positive energy.
San Antonio @ Houston
Current Records: San Antonio 12-10; Houston 11-10
What to Know
After four games on the road, the Houston Rockets are heading back home. Houston and the San Antonio Spurs will face off in a Southwest Division battle at 8 p.m. ET Saturday at Toyota Center. These two teams come into the game bolstered by wins in their previous games.
The Rockets strolled past the Memphis Grizzlies with points to spare on Thursday, taking the matchup 115-103. Houston's success was spearheaded by the efforts of small forward Jae'Sean Tate, who had 19 points in addition to seven boards, and center Christian Wood, who had 17 points along with seven rebounds. Tate had some trouble finding his footing against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday, so this was a step in the right direction. Tate's points were the most he has had all year.
Meanwhile, it was a close one, but on Wednesday San Antonio sidestepped the Minnesota Timberwolves for a 111-108 victory. It was another big night for San Antonio's small forward DeMar DeRozan, who had 30 points and six assists along with eight rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Houston is expected to win a tight contest. Their home court has been no bettor's paradise, though, as they've failed to beat the spread in six of their nine home games.
The Rockets are now 11-10 while the Spurs sit at 12-10. Houston is 6-4 after wins this season, San Antonio 6-5.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Toyota Center -- Houston, Texas
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Rockets are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
San Antonio have won 15 out of their last 27 games against Houston.
- Jan 16, 2021 - San Antonio 103 vs. Houston 91
- Jan 14, 2021 - Houston 109 vs. San Antonio 105
- Aug 11, 2020 - San Antonio 123 vs. Houston 105
- Dec 16, 2019 - Houston 109 vs. San Antonio 107
- Dec 03, 2019 - San Antonio 135 vs. Houston 133
- Mar 22, 2019 - Houston 111 vs. San Antonio 105
- Dec 22, 2018 - Houston 108 vs. San Antonio 101
- Nov 30, 2018 - Houston 136 vs. San Antonio 105
- Nov 10, 2018 - San Antonio 96 vs. Houston 89
- Apr 01, 2018 - San Antonio 100 vs. Houston 83
- Mar 12, 2018 - Houston 109 vs. San Antonio 93
- Feb 01, 2018 - Houston 102 vs. San Antonio 91
- Dec 15, 2017 - Houston 124 vs. San Antonio 109
- May 11, 2017 - San Antonio 114 vs. Houston 75
- May 09, 2017 - San Antonio 110 vs. Houston 107
- May 07, 2017 - Houston 125 vs. San Antonio 104
- May 05, 2017 - San Antonio 103 vs. Houston 92
- May 03, 2017 - San Antonio 121 vs. Houston 96
- May 01, 2017 - Houston 126 vs. San Antonio 99
- Mar 06, 2017 - San Antonio 112 vs. Houston 110
- Dec 20, 2016 - San Antonio 102 vs. Houston 100
- Nov 12, 2016 - San Antonio 106 vs. Houston 100
- Nov 09, 2016 - Houston 101 vs. San Antonio 99
- Feb 27, 2016 - San Antonio 104 vs. Houston 94
- Jan 27, 2016 - San Antonio 130 vs. Houston 99
- Jan 02, 2016 - San Antonio 121 vs. Houston 103
- Dec 25, 2015 - Houston 88 vs. San Antonio 84