Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Atlanta Hawks and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the San Antonio Spurs 103-83.
Point guard Trae Young has led the way so far for Atlanta, as he has 24 points and nine assists in addition to seven rebounds. San Antonio has been relying on the performance of point guard Dejounte Murray, who has 20 points and eight assists along with six boards.
This is the most points the Hawks have had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
Atlanta @ San Antonio
Current Records: Atlanta 9-9; San Antonio 4-12
What to Know
After a five-game homestand, the Atlanta Hawks will be on the road. They will take on the San Antonio Spurs at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday at AT&T Center. If the contest is anything like the Hawks' 134-129 win from their previous meeting in April, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
Atlanta has more to be thankful for after their matchup against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday. Atlanta enjoyed a cozy 113-101 victory over Oklahoma City. Atlanta's point guard Trae Young did his thing and shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 30 points and six dimes.
As for San Antonio, it looks like they got the smaller half of the wishbone at Thanksgiving dinner. It was close but no cigar for the Spurs as they fell 115-111 to the Phoenix Suns on Monday. The defeat was just more heartbreak for San Antonio, who fell 123-121 when the teams previously met in May. Their loss shouldn't obscure the performances of point guard Dejounte Murray, who posted a triple-double on 18 points, 11 assists, and ten boards, and shooting guard Derrick White, who had 19 points. Murray's performance made up for a slower game against the Minnesota Timberwolves last week.
The Hawks are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Atlanta's opponents whenever they hit the road.
Atlanta's victory lifted them to 9-9 while San Antonio's defeat dropped them down to 4-12. We'll see if Atlanta can repeat their recent success or if San Antonio bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: AT&T Center -- San Antonio, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports - Southeast
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.00
The Hawks are a 3.5-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 4-point favorite.
San Antonio have won seven out of their last 12 games against Atlanta.
- Apr 01, 2021 - Atlanta 134 vs. San Antonio 129
- Feb 12, 2021 - San Antonio 125 vs. Atlanta 114
- Jan 17, 2020 - Atlanta 121 vs. San Antonio 120
- Nov 05, 2019 - Atlanta 108 vs. San Antonio 100
- Apr 02, 2019 - San Antonio 117 vs. Atlanta 111
- Mar 06, 2019 - San Antonio 111 vs. Atlanta 104
- Jan 15, 2018 - Atlanta 102 vs. San Antonio 99
- Nov 20, 2017 - San Antonio 96 vs. Atlanta 85
- Mar 13, 2017 - San Antonio 107 vs. Atlanta 99
- Jan 01, 2017 - Atlanta 114 vs. San Antonio 112
- Dec 12, 2015 - San Antonio 103 vs. Atlanta 78
- Nov 28, 2015 - San Antonio 108 vs. Atlanta 88
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Doug McDermott: Out (Knee)
- Zach Collins: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Atlanta
- Onyeka Okongwu: Out (Shoulder)
- De'Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist)