Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Phoenix Suns and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Milwaukee Bucks 99-79.
Phoenix has enjoyed the tag-team combination of point guard Chris Paul and center Deandre Ayton. The former has posted a double-double on 15 dimes and 13 points in addition to five boards, while the latter has 23 points along with seven rebounds. This is the third consecutive game in which Paul has had at least 11 assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is Devin Booker's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
The Bucks have been used to carrying a lead into the fourth quarter lately, so we'll see how they respond to the deficit.
Milwaukee @ Phoenix
Current Records: Milwaukee 35-21; Phoenix 44-10
What to Know
The Milwaukee Bucks' road trip will continue as they head to Footprint Center at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday to face off against the Phoenix Suns. Phoenix will need to watch out since the Bucks have now posted big point totals in their last three contests.
Milwaukee had enough points to win and then some against the Los Angeles Lakers on Tuesday, taking their game 131-116. Power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo had a dynamite game for Milwaukee; he almost dropped a triple-double on 44 points, 14 boards, and eight dimes.
Meanwhile, even if it wasn't a dominant performance, Phoenix beat the Philadelphia 76ers 114-109 on Tuesday. It was another big night for Phoenix's shooting guard Devin Booker, who had 35 points.
The Bucks are expected to lose this next one by 3. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Milwaukee is now 35-21 while the Suns sit at 44-10. Two offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Milwaukee comes into the matchup boasting the fourth most points per game in the league at 113. Phoenix has displayed some offensive firepower of their own as they enter the contest with a 47.80% field goal percentage, good for second best in the league.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $82.79
The Suns are a 3-point favorite against the Bucks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 3.5-point favorite.
Milwaukee have won 11 out of their last 18 games against Phoenix.
- Jul 20, 2021 - Milwaukee 105 vs. Phoenix 98
- Jul 17, 2021 - Milwaukee 123 vs. Phoenix 119
- Jul 14, 2021 - Milwaukee 109 vs. Phoenix 103
- Jul 11, 2021 - Milwaukee 120 vs. Phoenix 100
- Jul 08, 2021 - Phoenix 118 vs. Milwaukee 108
- Jul 06, 2021 - Phoenix 118 vs. Milwaukee 105
- Apr 19, 2021 - Phoenix 128 vs. Milwaukee 127
- Feb 10, 2021 - Phoenix 125 vs. Milwaukee 124
- Mar 08, 2020 - Phoenix 140 vs. Milwaukee 131
- Feb 02, 2020 - Milwaukee 129 vs. Phoenix 108
- Mar 04, 2019 - Phoenix 114 vs. Milwaukee 105
- Nov 23, 2018 - Phoenix 116 vs. Milwaukee 114
- Jan 22, 2018 - Milwaukee 109 vs. Phoenix 105
- Nov 22, 2017 - Milwaukee 113 vs. Phoenix 107
- Feb 26, 2017 - Milwaukee 100 vs. Phoenix 96
- Feb 04, 2017 - Milwaukee 137 vs. Phoenix 112
- Mar 30, 2016 - Milwaukee 105 vs. Phoenix 94
- Dec 20, 2015 - Milwaukee 101 vs. Phoenix 95
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Jalen Smith: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Cameron Payne: Out (Wrist)
- Landry Shamet: Out (Ankle)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- Grayson Allen: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- Semi Ojeleye: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Rodney Hood: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Donte DiVincenzo: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- George Hill: Out (Neck)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)